Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Peformance Parts

drippy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S pack & VP ute
question about the 1.9 rockers
ive got a VY series 1, now ive read some rockers u need different pushrods? or are the standard rods fine for the 1.9?
cheers

MACE

Reaction score
question about the 1.9 rockers
ive got a VY series 1, now ive read some rockers u need different pushrods? or are the standard rods fine for the 1.9?
cheers

In regards to the VY series 1's you need to run different pushrods with them on the 1.9:1 ratio rockers

JEZIMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT ll S Pack
Lol lol lol... Sure about that? :bang:

can you please explain this abit more, what else are they resbonsible for? and is there any point in getting "red" ones :p lol

beeb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec & HZ Wagon w/ VP V6
You said in that post "you cant have a better spark" that is incorrect IMO. Spark strength might be neither here-nor-there in a stock V6, or in any stock motor, but as soon as you increase compression or add boost and the cylinder pressures increase, you need stronger spark to light the air-fuel mix off (Think top-fuelers for an extreme example, you cant run an old points dissy system on them, it would come within a country mile of lighting off in the conditions inside the engine...). Stock motors might light-off even with old tired coils/leads/plugs etc but you will get better mixture burn from a stronger spark.

Take commo V6s converted to LPG, they often struggle with a standard/tired ignition system (part of the reason they often backfire...), but with improved ignition leads, they often operate fine. In that case the better leads help provide better spark, and coils would help even more.

Sorry if i was a bit harsh, probably unnecessary.

Anyone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, but i think that's on the money... HTH

MACE

Reaction score
with mace cold air intake and 69mm throttle body i went from a 15.8 to a 15.5 awesome stuff guys

Glad to here you're happy with the products :thumbsup:

do u still make the revese intake manifold??

As for the reverse intake manifolds we don't have in stock, and are still in two minds about making them again :confused:

FirstVR_JC

Reaction score
Members Ride
RALLIART Magna
Hi Mace... Well, i am keen to make a purchase on the products i recently enquired about .... They are ... cai enclosed pod for VR V6, and the 70mm T/B for the VR V6.

I have you costs at $220 + $18 express post (cai), and $220 + $12 express post (t/b)... is this correct.

I would like to pay via paypal .... can i do that at these prices on your ebay and if not where shall i go to pay via paypal.

Thanks mate, Josh

Postage is to Cairns..

Last edited:

hN!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 03
How much would a manifold insulator be for the vy v6 Do you still make them?