Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jeff's 2004 VZ Acclaim

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS
Yeah that's true, yeah either ssl's or just sl.whatever comes up first.not interested in paying for it brand new at the moment :p

yea the new springs are expensive as, i was looking at some genuine king springs about 2 hours north from me, with the receipt and everything and original box but i was to late by 3 hours, only 200$ for a full set of sl. but they shouldnt be that hard to come across, just give the wreckers a call maybe they might have some. id reckon ssl would go nicely with the ul in the back. just my opinion though

2004_VZ_Acclaim

Bonkers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
i just saw your comment now lol. its good having a clean car aye, i need to wash my car badly lol

haha in reply to this comment on the other thread,good thing about holidays is i have time to clean my car and keep it clean :p detailing it at the moment in the garage,started sanding down the intake manifold for polishing as well,i'll chuck up pics soon

yea the new springs are expensive as, i was looking at some genuine king springs about 2 hours north from me, with the receipt and everything and original box but i was to late by 3 hours, only 200$ for a full set of sl. but they shouldnt be that hard to come across, just give the wreckers a call maybe they might have some. id reckon ssl would go nicely with the ul in the back. just my opinion though

Yeah they are, ah that's pretty good,yeah i've emailed a wrecker place,no response...lol. but i'll start chasing up springs and putting in effort to do so once i'm off holidays :p yeah it would look good.and was thinking something along the lines of that.but ul's are so low :p lol.driveway isn't that bad and i have 3 speed bumps in my street alone and they all suck with ul's haha.they look great but i hate driving soooooooo slow lol.i wouldn't have to worry about the back if i stuck with them but yeah.still deciding

2004_VZ_Acclaim

Bonkers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
In the midst of detailing the car yesterday i made a start on sanding down the intake manifold.not looking to bad at the moment,pics are shabby,not how long it'll take to finish it off. but it's a start :p won't paint in black anymore i think haha.
DSC_0167.jpg

DSC_0168.jpg

DSC_0169.jpg

That was about an hours work.excruciating :p make sure to bend at the knees haha

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS
haha in reply to this comment on the other thread,good thing about holidays is i have time to clean my car and keep it clean :p detailing it at the moment in the garage,started sanding down the intake manifold for polishing as well,i'll chuck up pics soon

Yeah they are, ah that's pretty good,yeah i've emailed a wrecker place,no response...lol. but i'll start chasing up springs and putting in effort to do so once i'm off holidays :p yeah it would look good.and was thinking something along the lines of that.but ul's are so low :p lol.driveway isn't that bad and i have 3 speed bumps in my street alone and they all suck with ul's haha.they look great but i hate driving soooooooo slow lol.i wouldn't have to worry about the back if i stuck with them but yeah.still deciding
never email wreckers, always better to give them a call. they way they cant lose you or ignore you while you are speaking to them lol, they would be a bitch to drive with but it looks good haha. ill swap you my back springs if you like... good to see you detailing your car, i remember on the cruise you didnt wash it but you had the bottle of detailer in the boot haha, need some pics to show that it is nice and clean.
love the photos of the intake, not long to go now, will look awesome once completed, nice and shiny. it would look better shiny then black. have a JD while your doing it, it might ease the pain lol

2004_VZ_Acclaim

Bonkers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
never email wreckers, always better to give them a call. they way they cant lose you or ignore you while you are speaking to them lol, they would be a bitch to drive with but it looks good haha. ill swap you my back springs if you like... good to see you detailing your car, i remember on the cruise you didnt wash it but you had the bottle of detailer in the boot haha, need some pics to show that it is nice and clean.
love the photos of the intake, not long to go now, will look awesome once completed, nice and shiny. it would look better shiny then black. have a JD while your doing it, it might ease the pain lol

Ah thanks for the tip,makes sense haha. yeah it looks great haha.i still have my old springs for now if i got desperate. but thanks for offering :thumbsup: yeah i didn't bother then for a reason but now i had no excuse :p i'll take pics before i head out then haha.yeah should be better all done.i might get back into it later tonight,but yeah better than the idea of gloss black :p haha i dont drink so i'll have to make do :spot on: