Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

200+ rwkw on a VE SV6

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
People said that about the Ecotec which started stock with 147 at the flywheel.

Gilbs here on the forum managed to get 291hp (224kw) at the rears out of an N/A Ecotec.

Pretty sure you can do it with an Alloytec....it's not hard to extract power out of a motor mate. You just need the money and the time.

couldn't have said it better. Performance products are slowly coming available for the alloytecs, just the tuning has been slow

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
He didnt say which V8s he would give a run for there money.

Remember the first LS1 that came out in the VT commodore had 220kw and the VX had 225.

Before that the old holden motors had 170,180,185kw.

I am sure his car would give them a run for there money. Sure it might not keep up with the latest HSVs but remember its a V6 putting out power that you V8 boys would have been happy with a few years ago!

Yeah i forgot about the older v8s , im not dissing v6s tho, i still love my v6 ute goes well for what it is, kept me happy over my 3yrs on p's lol sorry mate

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
Can we just put an end to this thread.
There is not a chance you will get 200kw @ the wheels on a VE V6 unless you go the forced induction method.
The End

Bullshit. With an intake manifold, cams, a bit of headwork along with the usual exhaust and tune 200rwkw's could easily be achieved.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
If you guys are going to treat the CPR6 site as gospel, you should go through and have a good read and look at the figures.
Impressive power, but have another look.

Whats your point?? The VZ performance manifold ute with cams, motec, 3" zorst, CPR6 etc makes around 250rwkw without forced induction. So it is possible.

Thats what I meant.

wooddyy85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE
i doubt that mate maybe 200 at the fly wheel. i dont think we will see 200 @ the wheels though even with cam and head work.

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
i doubt that mate maybe 200 at the fly wheel. i dont think we will see 200 @ the wheels though even with cam and head work.

Why do you say that?? Back it up with some reasons!

I dont think you know what you are talking about and am sure you will have to eat your words within a year or so!

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Why do you say that?? Back it up with some reasons!

I dont think you know what you are talking about and am sure you will have to eat your words within a year or so!

It's the typical SS owner response...Should already be eating his words lol, there IS a VZ running around 250rwkw!!

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Whats your point?? The VZ performance manifold ute with cams, motec, 3" zorst, CPR6 etc makes around 250rwkw without forced induction. So it is possible.

Thats what I meant.

My point being that the 'super' engine has a peak torque figure which arrives at 6400rpm then peak power at 7900rpm and while that is impressive, what are you going to do with that on the street?
With the CPR6, 307hp at 6400rpm on a street engine which should work out to about 230rwhp.
Nice power, but the big ticket engines there just aren't streetable IMO.

So I don't think you will make 200rwkw with bolts ons.

m05tw4nt3d

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV WAGON
I don't understand why so many people like to put down the ve v6? to the people that mod there v8 why didn't they buy an Audi
R8 Or why not even the hsv 6.2 lol