Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much foreign aid can we expect?

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
The bigger issue is our own pathetic Labor govt. that has given away BILLIONS of Australian taxpayer dollars to foreign aid. But no announcement of same for our own backyard.

Joolia today is quoted as saying "damage could be as much as 100s of millions of dollars". Surely that's a joke. The damage will reach into BILLIONS. Factor in everything, the flow on effects for many years to come.

some news stories quoting $400M lost in farming alone, this will have flow on effects to the rest of the country, fresh food prices will skyrocket now...

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
some news stories quoting $400M lost in farming alone, this will have flow on effects to the rest of the country, fresh food prices will skyrocket now...

You mean like Banana inflation under Howard?

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Rare occurance but spot on and I agree with you.

There is every chance that Julia was quoted saying that due to not being able to could.

I'm just picturing little Dillard up the front of 2B counting in her annoying nasally voice and the teacher not being able to bear listening to it beyond seven.

But yeah, I want to see how much Julia coughs up to help out in her own backyard.

Sent from my HTC Magic

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
For the record Pakistan, Sri Lanka, china, japan, Indonesia, USA, new Zealand have all offered aid and support.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
yeah but really, do anyone want/need it? i will be donating generously to the relief effort, just like i did with the bushfires. would rather everyone that lives in aus to shell out a buck or two than accept aid from overseas.

call me proud, but i think we are tough enough to fight our own battles.

edit*: http://www.qld.gov.au/floods/donate.html

Last edited:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
The bigger issue is our own pathetic Labor govt. that has given away BILLIONS of Australian taxpayer dollars to foreign aid. But no announcement of same for our own backyard.

Joolia today is quoted as saying "damage could be as much as 100s of millions of dollars". Surely that's a joke. The damage will reach into BILLIONS. Factor in everything, the flow on effects for many years to come.

Raw cost will be many billions however it will have a boost to the overall economy by generating extra activity that otherwise would not have happened of which the insurance companies will pick up most of that tab.

Reaper

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
it will have a boost to the overall economy by generating extra activity that otherwise would not have happened

The damage done will not be offset by activity caused by the floods. If you think that, you have no idea about how an economy actually works.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Yeah cause he personally was responsible. LOL!!!

That wasn't what I was saying. Our current PM is hardly responsible either. Howard still paid out foreign aid I'm sure you weren't saying back then:
"The bigger issue is our own pathetic Liberal govt. that has given away BILLIONS of Australian taxpayer dollars to foreign aid. But no announcement of same for our own backyard."

When in reality there _will_ be aid for the affected areas, do you really think there won't be? Any Federal Gov Lib or Lab will respond when this sort of thing happens. Politics should not even come into it.

I probably should have replied directly to your post or rather than a response to yours.