Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1969 VF Valiant Regal.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
LOL, you don't have to stay out of the thread, but its a bit like GTS wheels on a Kingswood. They're not great looking wheels, but they're "special". And the fact that they're factory means they look "Right" on the car.

Jelly beans on a kingswood looks dumb. Because they're ford/chrysler wheels. That would probably be why you reckon they look shite :p.

Well, I thought I would put some photo's of the Safari up.
Its fair knackered, but will serve a purpose. Few good parts on it.

Ve12.jpg

Ve13.jpg

Ve11.jpg

Ve9.jpg

Ve8.jpg

Ve7.jpg

Ve6.jpg

Ve4.jpg

Ve3.jpg

Ve2.jpg

Ve1.jpg

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, Original plates :D.
They're getting cleaned up and going on the VF, I thought that as soon as I seen them!

Dangerous Dave

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Caprice
get them re-issued ?? also looking for a vidge wrecker in oakleigh, hes got some awesome and very rare bits.... looking looking.. will PM you when i find it

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah I was just wondering about remanufacturing. But if Vicroads can do new ones that look the same I'd be up for it.

Thanks for your efforts too!

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
LOL, you don't have to stay out of the thread, but its a bit like GTS wheels on a Kingswood. They're not great looking wheels, but they're "special". And the fact that they're factory means they look "Right" on the car.

Jelly beans on a kingswood looks dumb. Because they're ford/chrysler wheels. That would probably be why you reckon they look shite :p.

See, you lost me again...:p I love GTS rims, personally i think they would be the best factory rim ever made (i'm a bit biased as i have them on my car, but i've always loved them).

I do however, see what you're saying, but jelly bean wheels don't suit anything IMO.

Good pickup on the safari though, looks like a few parts to be pilfered off it. It won't be the last parts car you will buy, that's for sure, you can never have too many spares. Bonus about the plates too, that's fantastic. You can get them re-issued so I'd be doing that.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
I love GTS wheels too. As far as looks go, there's tonnes better aftermarket.
But then I'm a GM fan as well. So I see it from both sides of the fence. At the end of the day, I'd rather run the Regal chrome centre caps and wheel trims anyway. I reckon it looks really good on the old girl.
It's not being built to go fast, so it doesn't need to look like a muscle car.

I must be getting old, I can appreciate the cruisers now... thats a first haha.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
i will pay you an ASTRONOMICAL amount for those plates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

exclamtion marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh right, im broke. i will pay a fair amount for them. mine were not reserved so are as useless as tits on a bull.