Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS Catback Exhaust

VESSCHICK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXSS
Hey all just a quick question do cats on an exhaust do anything to the exhaust note? say with 100cpsi and 200cpsi cats on a full 3 inch KPM system dose it change the exhaust note at all? or are the 100cpsi cats just better flowing than the 200cpsi and the note of exhaust just stays the same.

Craig93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SEDAN
anyone heard the sureflow stuff? was thinkin of goin one maybe and there website looks good.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
I've heard of sureflow, i haven't seen or heard one but they seem to have a good rep.

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
I know mine's not a 6L but I've got a Sureflo 3.5" single catback on my SSZ. It outflows a twin 2.5" by a fair margin. They have several options for loudness (by changing the size of the rear muffler). Fantastic quality, great prices and Greg from Sureflo is a top bloke to deal with.

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Hello Guys! Been a while since i've been on, hope you all missed me greatly haha.

I must say that i'm surprised my thread hasn't hit 1000 posts yet haha must have slowed up a bit :p

For anyone who hasn't read the whole thread i put a 3" Stainless Xforce Catback on my ute. Couldn't be happier, its only sounding better and better as time goes on. Nice and deep note and idle, sounds real tough. I need to do another video for you guys to see.

Tinsnips... by the looks of things you still haven't bought an exhaust?!?
I've caught up on all the posts, i see a few people have gone for the VCM. I can't watch the vids on my computer at the moment though.

I think i have come to the decision that i won't be doing any performance upgrades (i.e finishing the exhaust system, CAI and tune). I'm going to get a sound system instead.
Although every time i come onto this thread i seem to want to change my mind :(

VHCOMMO87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X
Ive heard some pretty good things about sureflo and on there website they claim no drone, the video they have on the VE SS with the full 3 inch system to me sounds not very good!! im not sure if its the crappy quality filming but it just sounds very raspy/harsh when reving and when they are doing the drive buys it just sound way to loud and very tinny, almost sound like there running no mufflers LOL.

jneil

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 Alto SSVeII Redline M6
Im hoping my kpm 3" arrives this week

Good luck with that...I called KPM yesterday to enquire where my 3" was...still 2 weeks away is there best estimate :(

Parts were low due to Christmas etc. so parts should arrive this week, then make up the exhausts and ship mid/late next week.

Possibly yours is sooner, but I doubt it, I ordered (and paid) for mine over a week ago.

I can't wait to get it on, then get it lowered to suit D:

peteyb12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS V UTE
very happy with my 2.5" staino catback from hi tech mufflers, wore in great minimal cab noise and awesome note outside! put some pacemaker extractors on last wk, made it bit more throaty sound, will try get vid up soon ;)