Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS Catback Exhaust

BLACK-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS, VE SS ute 360rwkws daily VE LPG
thanks heaps BLACK-VE i was planning on the 1 3/4 headers with the 3" but was unsure, and its good to here back from someone who has heard in the flesh the 2 1/2 and 3" did you think there was much of a difference in power between the 2 ?? thanks for your help

Probally a few kw on a bolt on car not a noticable difference apart from sound :)

marcus1

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve
go 1 7/8th header as once tuned they dont loose any low down torque compared to 1 3/4 but make more mid range and top end im glad i went with 1 7/8th even though i ended up adding a blower

VHCOMMO87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X
Hey all, I rang up Di fillippo exhausts today to get a quote on his 2 1/2 and 3" systems for a VE SS manual, I asked him about the 2 sizes and he believes that you will not notice much between the 2 1/2 and 3" systems, he said both systems are fine for OTR CAI and tune and that the 3" is just a bit louder deeper and sounds more V8 ish than the 2 1/2. Also a few people have said to me that the Di fillippo systems hang a bit lower due to longer headers is the true?? because i do want to lower my VE SS and do not wanna be scratching the **** out of an expensive exhaust.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Not sure how low they hang but i can give a thumbs up for kpm in that area. My car is lowered and haven't scraped on anything yet.

VHCOMMO87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X
Might as well just go with KPM for around the same type of money i might as well, atleast i can be sure its not going to bottom out. Well i will Give KPM a ring tomorrow to order my system im going for the 3" but still not sure what size headers i want, to be honest im not sure what the difference is with the different size headers, is there any change in exhaust note or is it all about the performance with the headers, just wanting to organise this tonight so then i can order it all tomoz, cheers.

edit: Also do KPM use pacemaker headers or do they have there own brand???

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
KPM use pacemaker. In regards to the headers, the thing is if you plan on FI down the track then go the 1 7/8" headers now, saves changing them later on. Besides, they aren't that much more $$$ wise anyway.

VHCOMMO87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X
KPM use pacemaker. In regards to the headers, the thing is if you plan on FI down the track then go the 1 7/8" headers now, saves changing them later on. Besides, they aren't that much more $$$ wise anyway.

Thanks Juzo, say if i dont plan FI down the track what would the difference be between 1 3/4 headers and 1 7/8 performance wise and note wise, cheers tom

Edit: aslo what about 1 5/8 headers or do KPM not do that size