Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is it just me or?

blacknight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
i'm very guilty of this. the time i spend on the highway to get to work and come home is seldom in peak traffic. so hitting 160 in a 100 zone. once it rains, i'll just cruise at 80

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Hey Guys,

Is it just me or does it seem like every day there is more and more people wanting to speed? I swear to me the number keeps increasing and a lot of them are full open license drivers. Sure I agree that each state government needs to have the Speed limit increased along major hwys etc, but some people find it hard to sit on 80ks in a dual lane high way for about 1.5ks. It always seems everyone is racing to be out in front... Its just stupid and a waste of fuel. In the end you normally always catch up with them at the next set of traffic lights, end of the street or round a about.

Opinions are welcome on this subject.

Mumbo

Cars are getting faster, speeds are getting lower...bit of a problem me thinks.

That said, I find there is nothing more fun then smashing big durkah durkah v8 from the lights in a quick speed limit run. I also just like going fast, for me there is no reason to speed except that driving fast is fun. I try not to do it in traffic, but it is hard when people sit below limits CAUSING traffic jams. If you are going slow, sure it is not illegal to be in the right lane (in some cases), but show some courtesy to those who are happy to go fast and move across, it takes no effort, it will not slow down your trip, it will however let me go past your slow arse :)

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
the world is becoming a place of now and not a thing of patience.
and those people who need to speed should leave for work earlier instead of being idiots and trying to get 1-2 cars ahead.
i just let them pass and think. what morons (when they are really flooring it).

imagine if all cars had that system in the hondas, with the eco driving thing, with the red being your flooring/hooning and when it hits a point it goes into limp home mode or a restricted mode which makes accelerating slower for a bit, would stop all those "hot headed workers" from stuffing it up for everyone

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
the world is becoming a place of now and not a thing of patience.

Plenty of patience here, I ust enjoy going fast now :)

and those people who need to speed should leave for work earlier instead of being idiots and trying to get 1-2 cars ahead.

Who says we are going to work, who says we are trying to get 1-2 cars ahead, as above, perhaps people just enjoy going fast? In an age where speed limits are too slow and we are over nannied I can certainly understand why.

would stop all those "hot headed workers" from stuffing it up for everyone

What are they stuffing up exactly?

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
I haven't got a problem with people smashing the slower and less powerful cars at the lights. I do it all the time myself, but i only do it to the speed limit. Then merge over if I'm in the right hand lane. I do worry about people speeding especially when you see a #### head coming around a bend at about 120ks in a 90 zone and see this 2 left wheels coming over into your lane without him knowing. So yeah that does worry me a little bit because I don't want to be taken out by some #### head who thinks he is king #### to speed.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
getting 2 cars ahead gets you to the front for the next set of lights... then you catch the next group of cars and do it all again untill you get to the front of that pack. travel across sydney and you can easily make 10 mins on a journey just by taking to your car to 3500rpm in every gear till your at the speed limit and then overtake everyone you can before the next set of traffic lights. no speeding just making sure your doing the speed limit for as long as possible
if you like being patient why arent you driving a prius and spend the whole time between lights just trying to get to the speed limit... and yes when i do overtake i will floor it just to tell you your a d*ck

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
hahahaha +1 Dr HaxZaw rep given