Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is it just me or?

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
I'll speed sometimes... on a dual carriage way when its pretty quiet i might go a km or three over the limit.

Same here mate.... and everyone does. I set the cruise control to 112 and happily drive past radar with no issues, but I dont think this is the "speeding" we are talking about. Even 5-10km over the speed limit to me isnt 'speeding' unless you are driving in a 40 or 50 zone (which I stick to because there's a valid reason you need to be driving that slow), but it's these ####ers who drive 80+ in a 50 zone (happens on my street all the time) and I always wonder how the hell they will stop if a car (or kid!) pops out suddenly from a driveway. I couldnt imagine anything worse than taking the life of a child :(. Like I said, I'm no angel.... I think its fair to say that I rarely stick to UNDER the speed limit on 60 or 80 roads... always 1 or 2 k's over. But to me thats ok... 1 or 2 k's doesnt mean I'm reckless.

I guess it's all relative to % of speed.... is 10% the limit to most folk? 10k's over at 110 is pushng it, as it 4 k's over at 40. I know radar has a lower tolerance, but I'm not talking about that. What do people consider 'safe' speeding?

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Anything under 10ks if you ask me.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Who says we are going to work, who says we are trying to get 1-2 cars ahead, as above, perhaps people just enjoy going fast? In an age where speed limits are too slow and we are over nannied I can certainly understand why.

What are they stuffing up exactly?

the worst time i see of these people hooning it between lights/stupid overtaking is during going to work/going home from work times.
yes speed limits need to be raised

i dont care if people want to speed out on the open road. the street i live on was lowered from 60 to 50, and people do 60 because its safe.
there is a time and a place where speeding is no problem, and is safe.

however its the morons that speed in the city, to get 1-2 cars ahead and slam on the brakes that are "stuffing up" the whole flow of traffic
in a built up area like the city even going up to the "speed limit" is dangerous because of the traffic.
and its these idiots in the city i can not stand

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
I'd rather people giving it a bit from each set of lights over the numpties who spend the whole green light just moving out of the intersection allowing 1 car though a set of lights. They are the ones stuffing up the flow of traffic.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
I generally stick to the speed limits these days. If I do speed, it's usually unintentional and not more than 10km over
what ####es me off, is when you are on the highway (2 lanes each way) and the left lane is driving 10 or more kays under the speed limit. So I jump in the right lane to pass at the speed limit, and within seconds have some yobbo tailgating me. Surely if they want to speed, they can wait a few seconds for someone who is trying to stick to the speed limit, to pass the slow traffic in the left lane.....

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
I generally stick to the speed limits these days. If I do speed, it's usually unintentional and not more than 10km over
what ####es me off, is when you are on the highway (2 lanes each way) and the left lane is driving 10 or more kays under the speed limit. So I jump in the right lane to pass at the speed limit, and within seconds have some yobbo tailgating me. Surely if they want to speed, they can wait a few seconds for someone who is trying to stick to the speed limit, to pass the slow traffic in the left lane.....

I'll own up to being one of those yobbo's. Say where on a highway and its a 100km/h zone. And old mate is in the left lane doing 80 km/h, sure no problems. But then you get someone that thinks they have enough steam to pass them pull out next to them and sit next to them. Yeah sure if the person overtaking is doing 90 kays then thats fine they will go past old mate reasonably fast. But if there doing like 81 then expect to see the front of a red vl right up your ass

VTmadS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1
I sometimes dream of dual carriageway, but then i wake up and realise it won't exist for a LONG time so I’m going to have to overtake at higher speeds than 100. I won't have enough time to sit in the other lane at 100 or even 110 before the semi in the other lane turns me into pink mist and there isn’t going to be another place to overtake for another 30 or so K. So instead of losing my mind going 90k for the next hour, I speed to overtake, and then back down to 110.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Ballarat to Geelong in under 25 minutes is rather impressive.

sik_dose

Hybrids. Cars for fools.
Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 VL Calais Turbo, VZ SV6
nah i dont go ape #### or flying past people im just saying i move past the people that #### me and 20-40 k over the limit is a bit excessive to get ahead i just meant getting by but not at the rate u can lose your license at

Car driving on the speed limit in the right lane? TAILGATE HIM! thats my rule of thumb. right lane hogs get REALLY offended by people tailgaiting them. That being said i do speed every time im on the road, the less time you spend driving the less chance of an accident. That and i can get away with it.