Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cheap/Free Mods for VX Commodores

Jonesy484

OfficialChadyMeetOrganisr
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE 2 SSV REDLINE WAGON
I'd rather a chev badge compared to a resistor over my AFM, and a computer fan in my intake - at least it's not taking power away from me.

im sorry man but chevy badges are the worst thing you can do to a commodore full stop.

Jonesy484

OfficialChadyMeetOrganisr
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE 2 SSV REDLINE WAGON
also the vt/vx badges are the worst, if you could fit vy/z/e ones on it would look slightly better

slutvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Ute series II
LOL at the 25% fuel saving with the K&N filter, if you really got some fuel saving than I would dare say that your old filter was well and truly shagged and that any new filter would have benefited.

well mines a v6, when i got it came with a big mouth ss cold air intake thing kinds system which just went to the stock airbox with that ####ty ass panel filter they give you. took the box and filter out, sat the new pod ontop of the box so its like direct air intake. and since im not really into cheap #### like those $25 ones from supercheap that need replacing every 6 months it was well worth my money in my opinion. and like you said 25% isaving sounds bit outrageous i was amazed too haha. in all honesty i expected it to be worse until i was to get it retuned haha

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
If you could get a 25% fuel saving by using a different air filter, rest assured, Holden would have supplied one. Thats like those rotor things they put into the air systems too.. if they really had a benefit, the manufacturer would fit it. They spend hundreds of millions of dollars looking for small benefits in economy and power... its in their own interest to come up with the best they can as its a huge selling point.

If you got a 25% fuel saving by fitting a new air filter, then your old filter was not allowing enough air through, and any new filter would have made the same difference.

Chevy badges look good on Chevy V8 Commodores. They don't belong on V6s. The same as Turbo badges don't belong on naturally aspirated cars.. If you cant tell the truth with your badges, then do as I do and just have no badges at all, keep em guessing lol.. the only badge on my car is the Holden Lion on the boot. If it had a Chevy V8, I would replace that for a Chev badge.

To the O.P .. just clean your car regularly and well, and it will already look better than most. Don't buy a bunch of cheap crap to dress it up with.. save ALL of the cash and buy good stuff that you actually want, when you can afford it.

sam.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S II
cant go wrong with window tint! just go darkest legal so that you dont get harassed buy the cops. tint professor do sedans at any tint % you like for just under $300 and if comes with a life time guarantee!! cant go wrong with it!
if u want to spend abit more money once you get your wheels, go to pedders suspension and they will lower your car to any height you like (as long as its safe with the diameter wheels you have) and when they are done will do a full wheel alignment for you! getting pedders springs ensures that you are getting springs made to australian standards unlike those crappy king spring "things" that compress alot when u have passengers in the car. will set you back $590 (do this only after u have the wheels you want.)
and please dont change the badges on your car, it looks stupid mixing and matching badges from different models, especially if they are chev badges.
im not a fan of painting the inside of the car, but if u do it right you can end up with a nice finish.
and out of interest, what is a memcal??