Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] Motorists to now receive fines for all defects

Status
Not open for further replies.

dijm8

What You Looking At
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS3
which is now why i leave my car at Fe2 height, after years of gettin in trouble with my previous cars i got sick of it, will not lower anymore, now to quiet down that exhaust hmm....

its abit insane if they fine you for a blown light bulb, i know some of the new cars tell you when ther is one blown but some of the older 1's? how are they suppose to know if its blown? surely they can give a warning out

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Come to Queensland where if it's defectable they can call it unroadworthy and impound it under hoon law.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
As I mentioned int he chatbox. It should be strike 1 defect. Same defect for strike 2 = defect and fine.

At least it would stop the tools who just replace everything after a defect is cleared.

Id agree with this.

In its current state its a load of horse ****.

Especially when you look at how defects are given. The copper on the scene is not an accredited road worthiness inspector, ive been defected once in my life and the **** they got me for, was just pure nonsense (apart from the to low part), still costs me money to go and get it ticked off.

Essentially, its up to you to prove what he has said it wrong. So, if coppers are willy nilly handing out defects for seat belts not retracting when they are clearly twisted (one of the things on my defect notice) and people are getting stung each time that occurs, well... CHING CHING.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
The fine is just ridiculous.. I think we already have that in vic though. :(

yeh we do, but its only whern you get a major defect and its up to the cop if he wants to give you the fine and canary or just the canary

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
which is now why i leave my car at Fe2 height, after years of gettin in trouble with my previous cars i got sick of it, will not lower anymore, now to quiet down that exhaust hmm....

yeh thats why my car is at fe2 height now too . got pulled over yesterday and the coppers checked every inch and it passed easy as .

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
yeh thats why my car is at fe2 height now too . got pulled over yesterday and the coppers checked every inch and it passed easy as .

Nice. I read this... but still want to put mine on SSL all round :p

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
getting a bit beyond a joke now...

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
lol someone please explain to me what your complaining about?? if you get defected you get a fine so i dont see how that is a problem because then you will have a reason to avoid getting defected

or you could harden up and move to nsw where you have to get the car inspected every year... also pretty sure a minor defect comes with an $80 fine depending on how bad it is
seriously not every road law is brought in solely for revenue raising... although the fact that the law will either reduce costs due to less defects to process or make more money off the same number of defects is a bonus for the politicians

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
less defects????????????? cops can (and are forced to) defect cars to fill their QUOTA. If everyone is driving around in A1 condition cars, they will just find something else to pick on such as the slightest bit of oil on your sump.

Status
Not open for further replies.