Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] Motorists to now receive fines for all defects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I think the "we are stamping down on unsafe cars" tagline loses in punch when your state doesnt even have Roadworthy checks when selling a car.

There are multiple ways they could be getting "unsafe" cars off the road, but alas, those ways wouldnt rake in millions in revenue for the govt.

i believe i stated almost the same as this in an earlier post. Defects arent WRONG, But they should introduce annual safety checks first.

Theres a perfectly good way, hire more Transport SA inspectors and only give them the authority to issue defects (and also clear defects)
Problem solved!

Sounds like the smartest option, But will cost to much to do. (but i completely agree)

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Does everyone look at the adelaide now website? And for the people who have read the article and voted, its pretty clear that 'generally' everyone thinks the same way.

Way more than 600+ people hit that site and read the articles. The people that vote would be a minuscule percentage of those that read the article and site in general, because most people don't bother with online poles. I imagine most of those that have voted have only done so after reading the article on a forum, linking back and voting - from the car community as they are the ones who are most concerned given they drive modified cars.

Do a realistic survey amongst a cross section of the community and see the results.

Unlike you Tom who must hold some sort of record for defects, I have never been defected and have been on the road probably 3 times longer than you. Sure I may get pulled over one day, but will cop the fine on the chin as one does any traffic infringement.

It will hurt those on low incomes and income support, but from what I gather we are just catching up slowly with other states who already have fines attached. Simple fact of life is people don't like change but eventually accept it and move on.

Cheers.

1TUFVS

High Ambitions, Low Funds
Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 VS Acclaim
Way more than 600+ people hit that site and read the articles. The people that vote would be a minuscule percentage of those that read the article and site in general, because most people don't bother with online poles. I imagine most of those that have voted have only done so after reading the article on a forum, linking back and voting - from the car community as they are the ones who are most concerned given they drive modified cars.

Do a realistic survey amongst a cross section of the community and see the results.

Unlike you Tom who must hold some sort of record for defects, I have never been defected and have been on the road probably 3 times longer than you. Sure I may get pulled over one day, but will cop the fine on the chin as one does any traffic infringement.

It will hurt those on low incomes and income support, but from what I gather we are just catching up slowly with other states who already have fines attached. Simple fact of life is people don't like change but eventually accept it and move on.

Cheers.

You've missed the nail with the hammer and hit yourself on the foot.

I've stated before, I drive a completely legal vehicle - plenty of vehicles were being defected before, I just believe that this is yet another revenue raising scheme by the Government of South Australia.

IceyAUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series II Sedan
Sucks for the people that simply cant afford to get thier cars fixed. Its like the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer.

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
You've missed the nail with the hammer and hit yourself on the foot.

I've stated before, I drive a completely legal vehicle - plenty of vehicles were being defected before, I just believe that this is yet another revenue raising scheme by the Government of South Australia.

how do you figure, The rest of australia is the same.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Status
Not open for further replies.