Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] Motorists to now receive fines for all defects

Status
Not open for further replies.

vsowner94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive s2
quick question, how does one check if they have blown globes??

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
Just turn the ignition to ON position, without starting the car, put in reverse gear, make sure handbrake is working lol, then get out and have a look.

For brakes, find a brick lol.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
just what everyones needs, a $150 fine for 1 $3 brake light globe thats blown...

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
i remember the good old days (not all that long ago) when if u had a minor defect like a blown taillight globe, and weren't being stupid to get pulled over to start with. the cop might say words to the effect of " if i see that not fixed next time i see it u will get a ticket" and let u go.

i'd bet there will be very little if any leniency/police discretion towards handing out defect fines now, just another cash grab i think

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
yeah more cops abusing their power situations

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
i remember the good old days (not all that long ago) when if u had a minor defect like a blown taillight globe, and weren't being stupid to get pulled over to start with. the cop might say words to the effect of " if i see that not fixed next time i see it u will get a ticket" and let u go.

i'd bet there will be very little if any leniency/police discretion towards handing out defect fines now, just another cash grab i think

The other problem is you get treated differently now if for example your car is louder then factory your automatically grouped with the knob heads out trying to do stupid crap on public streets.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

Those good old days are gone because so are the attitudes of good old days.

look through this thread and look at all the heroes. All of them with an attitude. These policies are coming to effect because of these attitudes. No different to hoon laws. Attitudes change, laws change to suit. Too many wankers think it is their RIGHT to use these roads. Sadly they are realising it is a privilege.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Those good old days are gone because so are the attitudes of good old days.

look through this thread and look at all the heroes. All of them with an attitude. These policies are coming to effect because of these attitudes. No different to hoon laws. Attitudes change, laws change to suit. Too many wankers think it is their RIGHT to use these roads. Sadly they are realising it is a privilege.

Gone principally is the respect for law and authority. When I started driving in 1970, there was a real fear of getting booked and respect for the police. Young blokes these days seem to be prepared to make a joke of getting fined, even posting the fact on social networks, then calling the cops or pollies names because they change the laws. The modifications some guys carry out on their cars would have seen you put off the road in years past. Particularly, dumping the car into the weeds, or the invisible caravan look. We used to drop our cars about 50mm, no more, or you knew you would be defected. Wide wheels were very limited, because most of our cars ran around on 13's, and 14's were a big wheel. Rim width was generally kept down to 6 or 7 inches max. Even small diameter steering wheels could get you into strife.

It's a lot easier these days because the manufacturers woke up to the value of factory options which negated all those illegal mods and there is far more flexibility. If you get booked for defects these days, there's a good chance it's because your modification has gone outside the boundaries. I said earlier that getting booked for a single blown globe is unfair, but don't blame the cops if you get caught. They answer to the Government and it's government policy that drives the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.