Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bike forums?

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
I'm looking at getting my bike L's and a bike. not sure if this is against the rules, but can anyone recommend any general bike forums, just want to do some research about some bikes, and general info/advice.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
2 Wheels • Index page

Pretty good site they helped me out.
As a learner go for a GS500, best learner bike, cheap and good power 0-100 5 seconds. I had one, great little bike.

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Im on 3 bike forums and there all zx6r or kawasaki forums.. I have been riding for 7 years now.. it was my daily for 4 years rain,hail or shine to work.. Are you looking at doing a 1 or 2 day learners?

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
2 Wheels • Index page

Pretty good site they helped me out.
As a learner go for a GS500, best learner bike, cheap and good power 0-100 5 seconds. I had one, great little bike.

i was looking at the Suzuki GSX250F, i'm less after power and speed (for my first bike at least) than i am something i can ride comfortably, and get me off the fricking bus in the morning, got the 5L for grunt when the bug bites.
any good or bad points on the across?

cheers, i'll do some lurking round there.

Im on 3 bike forums and there all zx6r or kawasaki forums.. I have been riding for 7 years now.. it was my daily for 4 years rain,hail or shine to work.. Are you looking at doing a 1 or 2 day learners?
tbh the courses i'd come across looked a bit sketchy, some were only 2hr, which i think would see me eating road in the real world. was hoping bike forums could point me in some better directions.

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
I has a gsxf250 or the accross as its called.. great learner bike and you get a boot to storeyour lunch or helmet in as well.. the petrol tank is under the seat..I made a few trips to the island on it and never missed a beat, great bike and my wife rode it for a year or 2 as well till she got her sv650..

Give H.A.R.T a call on colchester road in kilsyth a ring.. i got my learners and p plates there and so did my wife.. its a 1 or 2 day course depends on what you wanna do

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
yeah the storage was what appealed, save me carrying helmet round or leaving it with the bike, also means i don't need a rack (not that the storage is huge, but i wouldn't have heaps of gear anyway.

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
we used it do do shop runs and load the storage up.. Some parts are easy to find but the exhaust is a 1 peiece front to back.. I found that out the hard way when i put mine down in a roundabout at 40/45 ks and it slid for about 10 meters and broke the rear break peddle, indicator and bent the exhaust onto the passangers pegs.. picked it and rode home, was stiff and soar for a few days too..

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
yeh join netrider, they have learner meet up days every week and lots of cruises, i used to have an across too and they are a good bike to learn on cos they are a bit bigger than a normal 250