Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

supercharger on a budget

sporty custom

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
36lb injectors in 2 bar map sensor in pro-tune showed with postman pat today fitted eprom just took the car for a quick run no pinging at all running around to 8psi on boost gauge real handfull in the wet so all in all pretty happy with whole set up for $1725.00 i think was money well spent but wont know until drag racing starts so if you can weld and some basic mechanical skills there no reason why anyone else can not do the same thing. its far from perfect set up but it works and performs well there always centifugal superchargers on ebay. i missed out on 2 b4 i got this one as it turns out it was for the better as i got the blow off valve crank pulley. 8.1 pressure reg which goes on withh existing reg .so all in all 1050.00 delivered was a good deal supercharger is as quite as a church mouse.with only a slight whine but very slight . 8.810 was best time last season in 36 degree heat so i wonder what time it will do know hopefully quicker other wise for sale one supercharger.:boxing: 010.jpg

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Good work I love seeing what can be done on a budget. Gives me Ideas of what to do when I buy a house and get my man cave set up :idea3:

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
Top Job mate! Looks good.... What brand charger is it?

And did you say u ran 8's last year with out a charger? :hmmm:

sporty custom

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
8s over the 1/8 1.8 60ft 78.3 mph in hot weather in march this year powerdyne supercharger took cpl of days on and off to fit up and make the bracket and a fair bit of skin off me knuckles when one of the spanners slipped cheers for comments fellas.

Commydoor

born in the FB era
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Ss Blown
nice going bloke...can i ask where you got the 2 bar map from and how much im chasing one at the mo myself for my top mount...

sporty custom

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
speedybumps1 on ebay for the 2 bar tune $59 plus $15.00 for freight excellent product and quick to post had it next day

MADSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
Im lost, were did you get a superchager from for for $1800???

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Im lost, were did you get a superchager from for for $1800???

Didn't read his post? He clearly states that it was an incomplete second hand supercharger off eBay.

Sporty custom nice find you got there, I can't wait to see the performance that it gives your car.

I picked up the same kind of charger for $850 with everything needed to fit and run it, even the chip from CAPA.