Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The OFFICIAL VE ALLOYTEC V6 SUPER MASSIVE FUN HAPPY TIME exhaust thread!!!!!!!11!!!!

a.critta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series II
Ive got an 08 VE SV6 6spd Manual.
A decent set of rear mufflers will be fine!
I have 3" stainless difilippos on mine, then went on the replace hot dogs with straight pipes.
Eventually followed with Pacemaker headers, HM high flow cats (200cpsi) and with that I changed to a Xforce 2.5" centre section to the same difilippos rears..

After all this, if your just after a nice exhaust note on your VE SV6 just swap over the rears and if still keen replace the hot dogs with straight pipes and if your still wanting it louder again then replace the centre muffler with straight pipes too.

Wanting more performance and economy as well, extractors and cats!

Note: 3" Rears do drone a little but have a real nice deeeeeep note! depending on the person depends how much they can tolerate, I didnt mind it.

This is from my experience! Im just sharing it trying to give a hand, if you dont agree thats fine, post your own opinion.

Cheers
Alex

Last edited:

jbray1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE
Thanks Alex :)
My VT droned a little bit so I'm kinda used to it and don't really mind it.
Just want that deeper volume :)
So thanks

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
So what rear mufflers?! Haha

a.critta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series II
I just put a set of 2.5" xforce rear mufflers on my mates car (StevieHatz) with im old cat back (stock with hot dogs replaced with straight pipes) along with an intake and its sounds pretty good!! Nice and deep, a decent volume (I would probs want it a bit louder) and barley any drone!

If it was up to me, I would probs go 3" but just because its a bit deeeper and louder than the 2.5" but you do get a little more drone.
An intake would make it sound a little better too (bit deeper and more burbly) and replacing the hot dogs with straight pipes reduces a bit of the drone and makes it a bit more burbly.

I say get a set of 3" Difilippos (Bit pricy, got mine cheap out of luck) or Xforce (can find them pretty easliy and cheap) or ive heard that you cant go wrong with the redbacks (though I think they are only 2.5")

Get a set and leave them on for a bit so they carbon up, then so how you go from there ;)

a.critta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series II
Another option I just thought about would be getting a set of SS mufflers. They sound pretty decent! and can get them or next to nothing!
From there seeing you want more volume replace the centre muffler and hot dogs with straight pipes. I havent heard anyone personally do it but I think it wouldnt be too bad. The bonus being you wouldnt have any drone issues because the rears are 2.25" SS ones.
All the drone from the VE's comes from the rear mufflers being too big or the design etc. (I put the stock rears back on my car with the 2.5" centre section just to see what would happen and the drone was gone!!)

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
I was going to do the mid muffler delete tomorrow, I've already done headers, hotdog/crimp removal and mufflers and just chasing some more volume. My welding skills are decent it's just going to be hard doing it with only about 4-5 feet of space at my work.

So my question is does anyone know the layout of the mid-muffler and if it's just straight pipe wrapped with steel wool or what? I was thinking about just shaving off the muffler till only the pipes were left. Is this feasible?

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Welcome to the VE SUPER MASSIVE V6 EXHAUST THREAD!!!!!!​

I've merged 42 different threads into 1 (there is more, trust me.. at least another 30) and ALL your VE V6 exhaust questions SHOULD BE ANSWERED HERE!!!! Hopefully this will stop the typical 'Whats the best exhaust for my SV6' questions we get on a daily basis. You would be surprised at how many threads were actually titled 'VE SV6 exhaust'.

This thread will be stickied in a few days once people get used to it.

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Cheers Troy, this would have been nice for me about 6 months ago lol :)