Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Well Done Alan Joyce - BALLSY!

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
Crisis aren't you meant to be leaving the country? Well............ Um, when? Please hurry!

Crisis63

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro CV8R, Landcruiser 100 Series 4.7L
Your opinion - not fact.
Really? Well for once I am interested in your opinion as to how something that costs less in comparison to the current average wage than something else is not considered cheaper?
And after you have dealt with that perhaps go on to explain how a car that is more powerful, handles better, more comfortable, has more appointments, is more economical, pollutes less and is safer is not better?

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
Ahhhh but you forget to take into account one KEY factor regarding safety. The amount of people on the roads and their attitudes. I'd much rather drive around in the 70s in a Kingswood than in any modern car in modern society.

Safety should be measured by the total amount of injuries/deaths in proportion to population that occur on the roads.

Crisis63

Reaction score
Members Ride
my bad. Ill delete that.

Last edited:

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Derailment.jpg

Crisis63

Reaction score
Members Ride
WTF are you smoking??? If something is MINE, I want CONTROL of it. If I don't like the way someone dresses or presents themselves in my business when they're on MY time and representing MY business and they don't want to comply with how I want them to present themselves, why can't I show them the door?
Because there are laws against people like you. People who behave like that belong in the dark ages.
If they're not performing at the standard required, why can't I show them the door?
You can if your standard is reasonable.

Why the hell do you think it's fair that company owners/managers can't control what happens within their company?
Because there are unfair company owners and managers.

It would be the same as someone dictating to you as to how you run your household. How would you feel about that?
Well I have to conduct myself within a whole lot of laws in relation to that. Thats’s a ridiculous analogy by the way. ;-)

Ahhhh but you forget to take into account one KEY factor regarding safety. The amount of people on the roads and their attitudes.
Wha?..... My point was that a policy of freeing up trade was actually beneficial to the car industry in Australia because it resulted in cars that were all those things I stated and cost effectively less than ones built before tariffs were removed. I fail to see how the policy in question could have any impact on “The amount of people on the roads and their attitudes.”

I'd much rather drive around in the 70s in a Kingswood than in any modern car in modern society.
Then I am afraid I cant help you….

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
WTF are you smoking??? If something is MINE, I want CONTROL of it. If I don't like the way someone dresses or presents themselves in my business when they're on MY time and representing MY business and they don't want to comply with how I want them to present themselves, why can't I show them the door? If they're not performing at the standard required, why can't I show them the door?

Why the hell do you think it's fair that company owners/managers can't control what happens within their company?

It would be the same as someone dictating to you as to how you run your household. How would you feel about that?

people like this are the reason we need unions

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Why? I am currently looking to put someone on. If i do not like them for personal reason or for work ethic reasons why should I not be able to say "it isn't working, find something else"? It is my money paying for this person, it is my business on the line...whyt hen should I not have the right to give marching orders as I see fit?

from your attitude i don't think you'll have too much trouble getting rid of them

keeping them might be your problem

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Why? I am currently looking to put someone on. If i do not like them for personal reason or for work ethic reasons why should I not be able to say "it isn't working, find something else"? It is my money paying for this person, it is my business on the line...whyt hen should I not have the right to give marching orders as I see fit?

Since when did jobs become rights? This is why our workforce is becoming so unproductive, we allow even the dopiest of people so many warnings before they can be dismissed and even then FWA steps in and re-instates them.

Employ them as a contractor. You pay them for what they work plus they are responsible for their own work cover insurance and superannuation. Like any subby you can employ them for as much or as little depending on your workload or their performance. In most cases unfair dismissal laws and the like do not apply as it's a business-business relationship.

Reaper