Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sexual harrassment and work place bullying.`

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
nice little topic,
anyone here upto date with their current law's regarding harrassment in the work place? need to talk to you via pm.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute

+1

Every workplace has different policies, as Clair stated, so it's hard to discuss based on where we work, i.e. I work in a Nursing Home, which has different policies to, say, my brother's work in an Office building, due to the fact that I work around elderly people etc etc.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
I know the company i work for does have a pollicy for harrassment im mainly after a definition or someone can tell me what ive said comes under harrassment, realy feels like im being made a example off over something to me which seems so trivial

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
383 HSV GTO coupe & vk ls1 turbo
You have a right to ask your employer for a hard copy of any legislation. I am a safty rep at a mine and have delt with these sorts of things a bit ( only as a rep). Most employers will not stand for any sort of harrassment. Most of the time ending in dissmisal. If a complant is made against someone the employer has to action it. If you dont mind me asking what was it you said.

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
Do you have a HR department or a HR rep you can talk to? They, whilst employed and paid for by your company, should remain independant and be able to give both side the correct standpoint and interpretation of the companies policies.

Ask them for some advise.

Hope you don't become thwe scapegoat for your company to enforce a policy. Stay on your toes and be VERY careful what you say to whom in your work place

W84N01

Reaction score
Website
www.southwestcommodoreconnection.com
Members Ride
VN manual, VC 5L Auto, 80series GXL 4WD :)
Do you have a HR department or a HR rep you can talk to? They, whilst employed and paid for by your company, should remain independant and be able to give both side the correct standpoint and interpretation of the companies policies.

Ask them for some advise.

Hope you don't become thwe scapegoat for your company to enforce a policy. Stay on your toes and be VERY careful what you say to whom in your work place

Have to agree here too. I am a safety rep at my work place and we deal with this quite often as well.

Unfortunately you can be talking to one of your friends, and someone standing around the corner you didn't even know was there could be listening and taking offense to what you say, and they can have you for harassment, without you even knowing they overheard you talking. As innocent as something might be to you, it can blow up and be something huge to someone else. (total crap i know, as they weren't even involved in that conversation in the first place).

Everywhere you go, this is the way it is, and Companies have to take it seriously. I'm sorry you are going thru this, and i would recommend you go get some advice, as this could turn fairly nasty. Best thing you can do is arm yourself with information (the right kind) to help your case.

Very firs tthing you are entitled to do, is ask what you said to offend the third party, you also have the right to have a discussion with that third party in the bosses office or with the HSE to try and sort this out ASAP. You still have rights and you are entitled to excersize them, all throught the right channels of course.

Good luck with it, and please if you don't mind keep me informed as to the process your company takes and the outcome.

Check these out: http://www.dmp.wa.gov.au/documents/Code_of_Practice/MSH_COP_PreventionManagementOfViolence.pdf
http://www.health.wa.gov.au/circularsnew/attachments/402.pdf

Last edited:

Crisis63

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro CV8R, Landcruiser 100 Series 4.7L
nice little topic,
anyone here upto date with their current law's regarding harrassment in the work place? need to talk to you via pm.
The laws are all nice but in the end if you have a manager who is doing what you claim you are already on shaky ground. I’ve experienced it first hand in a large government organisation and once you start down the path of having it investigated you will quickly see just how well the laws work and can possibly help.
Remember, H.R. is a department funded by your employer. They are not there to help you necessarily. They are there for the company to manage its workforce. If what is happening is illegal you may have a chance but you will need to collect evidence carefully and objectively and you may find you are up against more than one person depending on your situation. Personally I would seek advice and assistance from outside your organisation.
To be honest these are the times you need o be in a union but having said that if your manager has it in for you on a personal level I hope you work for a company with very robust ethics an procedures surrounded such things.
This is of course from my own personal experience but me, I left.

STEEV888

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 200sx.
i stated that a fellow work member looked like somebody from a tv show, said work member did not like the show.
i got removed from that particular work place.