Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The OFFICIAL VE ALLOYTEC V6 SUPER MASSIVE FUN HAPPY TIME exhaust thread!!!!!!!11!!!!

poida8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 UTE
Ive got a VE Sv6 Ute with a stainless steel 2.5' inch xforce exhaust every one compliments on how good it sounds, i get no drone this is probably cos its a manual.
I do believe though xforce have now gone back to the 2.25 inch and gone away from the 2.5 so im not sure about the availability

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
DKNE also make a long tube extractor for the Alloytec/SIDI, WildfireSV6 has them.

Steve (MACE) suggested I not get extractors unless I was wanting to fit a cam, as you'll lose some low down punch.

The longtube headers I believe are sourced from the states? I'd agree if you were talking about longtube headers, but pacemaker shorties really make a difference downlow, I noticed it more than the mace spacers, but not as much as the mace tune. (which was the best mod I've done to date with the car). I'll be installing cats sometime soon, then getting a MACECAM! So either way I'm glad I got the headers.

dan610

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 SSV Z series black - ute manual
hey all, i have a 09 sv6 ute manual, i replaced the rear stock mufflers to mega flow red backs, i find there not quit loud enough, i was wondering if i removed the 2 hot dog/resinators from the center wot would it sound like... better or worse ?
thanks

a.critta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series II
hey all, i have a 09 sv6 ute manual, i replaced the rear stock mufflers to mega flow red backs, i find there not quit loud enough, i was wondering if i removed the 2 hot dog/resinators from the center wot would it sound like... better or worse ?
thanks

hey mate, its will sound a bit better! more burbly! but not much louder.. feels a bit more free flowing to drive though.
(Just from my own experience)

calais06

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY06
hey mate, its will sound a bit better! more burbly! but not much louder.. feels a bit more free flowing to drive though.
(Just from my own experience)

The exhaust place I called said replacing the middle mufflers was pointless cos they are already straight-through. Is this true?

How can I increase the burble volume when I take my foot off the accelerator? Like the popping is there, just sounds muffled.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
The exhaust place I called said replacing the middle mufflers was pointless cos they are already straight-through. Is this true?

How can I increase the burble volume when I take my foot off the accelerator? Like the popping is there, just sounds muffled.

Just go straight through the whole way. Replace the hotdogs/crimp section and replace the mid muffler with straight pipe. Note: you will need a decent set of rear mufflers otherwise it will sound ****. When my car was being repaired after being rear ended, the exhaust shop fitted some cheap garbage that sounded absolutly dreadful, made farting noises. Eventually got them to replace it with powersound mufflers as I had on before ($400 each for stainless). So just be careful with what mufflers you get.

The 10th Doctor

ambitious but rubbish
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE SS-V
Sorry to all if this has been posted before (and apologies for the n00b questions), but...

I'm looking to change my exhaust system - to be honest, I'm fairly happy with the stock sound (or lack thereof) although if it was slightly louder it'd be perfect. I'm seeking performance, rather than noise - is this possible, or do they go hand in hand? I have an Alloytec VE Berlina, so just the single exhaust.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR

If you really want more burble you can always get it tuned into the car, by having the decel mix made slightly richer I believe...

What exhaust do you have, and are you running stock cats?

calais06

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY06
If you really want more burble you can always get it tuned into the car, by having the decel mix made slightly richer I believe...

What exhaust do you have, and are you running stock cats?

I have a set of dual 3" Varex mufflers, rest of the exhaust is stock with a Otr CAI. (195 alloytec)

I might give kuzmans idea a go and see how it sounds. I took a short vid of what it sounds like this morning so I'll post it here