Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

who here likes drifting!

Blown355cca

Tyre Torturer
Reaction score
Website
www.clubcommodore.com
Members Ride
Frankenstein "VR 666"
cheesy's ute sounds awesome in real life!!!! Just saying.... Hopefully your hand will be all good soon so you can get back out there mate.... Sometimes i get my commie out there and try to keep the imports honest lol

5lutevs

liam.g
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute (manula 304)
took my ute out today with a set of 15's and had a few goes at hand brake entry. as it is the stock vs handbrake i had to use a fair bit of force to brake traction :D went really well suprisingly i recon with and extented lever with some sort of a trigger mechanism for releasing the hand brake and it would do just fine ! though it would be weak and most likely brake the cable :( any way had lots of fun with it :) especially as the old borg warner lsd actually span doubles consistantly with the skiny tires on the steel stockies haha

5lutevs

liam.g
Reaction score
Members Ride
managed to pull-off a few 65-80km/h hand brake entries this weekend, never really tried them befor with the stock hand brake :O was great fun i think ill look into a hydraulic hand brake early next year when i can afford it :D

Blown355cca

Tyre Torturer
Reaction score
Website
www.clubcommodore.com
Members Ride
Frankenstein "VR 666"
if you use a feint/scando entry in your ute you might find it a bit easier then pulling the hand brake, plus you get the upside of having more speed entering into the corner as pulling the hand brake slows you down, making it harder to hold your line and link big corners together..... I've only just started to use my hydro brake after competing all year without it and the only reason why i have started is to help with battling as a lot of people can only initate with the hand brake......

5lutevs

liam.g
Reaction score
Members Ride
excellenct point. i found that using it for entry was far better on tight corners that wernt as fast and that i wanted to use it going into smalled corners when i was carrying too much speed out of a long entry corner. :) ill see how i go with the flick method, my diff will probably ruin 3/5 tries though but i cant get onto that atm as im neck deep in this engine build. i just recieved my cam and lifters package (crane cams) along with a full acl gasket rebuild kit so i have to make some progress after christmas on assembling the crank, rods and pistons and really get this thing on the way :D

if you use a feint/scando entry in your ute you might find it a bit easier then pulling the hand brake, plus you get the upside of having more speed entering into the corner as pulling the hand brake slows you down, making it harder to hold your line and link big corners together..... I've only just started to use my hydro brake after competing all year without it and the only reason why i have started is to help with battling as a lot of people can only initate with the hand brake......

Blown355cca

Tyre Torturer
Reaction score
Website
www.clubcommodore.com
Members Ride
Frankenstein "VR 666"
the flick will also help over come a dodgy lsd by using weight transfer to slide the corner rather then sheer wheel spin.... I once slid a 2nd gear corner in 4th (long story) but was able to pull it off just by using weight transfer to carry me all the way around (120km/h entry speed helped too lol)

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
i dont mind watching it.

id much rather see some one do a power skid from curb to curb

GMMAD

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L GT35 4runner/VK calais
i wouldnt go much over 200rwkw on a stock bottom end or your asking for trouble
K sport kontrol pro dampers. Adjustable etc.
Your spot on with the diff that and i would also like to do some circuit racing with it so it will be good for taking the tighter corners under deccelleration and it will still have the potential of kicking out under load and turn.

I'm not going as extreme as full sway bars over angle steering and hydraulic hand brake though.
To compensate for the diff when i get the gearbox rebuild ill look into getting an extended 5th gear to keep the freeway rpm down to 2500-3000 as per factory, Its the most annoying thing about higher ratio diffs and figured because it needs all new synchros so why not get it done.

Funny you should mention about the stock r31 as the guy who is right into it started with the exact same thing, rb30 with a minispool.
Since then he has done an rb25 conversion now sporting a high mount gtx3076 with 4.11 mechanical locker hydraulic hand brake etc, tuned at 300rww.

Even stock he could hold that sideways around a round about for as long as a set of tyres would last.
The skill envolved with drifting is amazing.

My car is a 200rwkw s14 with all supporting mods, just needs a bigger turbo and tune to make 270kw or so atw. 300 if I'm game...

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
i love drifting!!! i use to practice with macca's trays under the back wheels of my mums charade with the hand brake on,oh how i miss them days lol.