Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

who here likes drifting!

GKW

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV & 1999 VT SS SII
cheesy's ute sounds awesome in real life!!!! Just saying.... Hopefully your hand will be all good soon so you can get back out there mate.... Sometimes i get my commie out there and try to keep the imports honest lol

I've went out on the small track at Eastern Creek with Blown before Xmas. Good fun and a good laugh to see all the Rice boys checking out the V8 Commodore on the night. As Blown's title go "Tyre Torturer" he is.......................how many that night?? Good times.

STEEV888

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 200sx.
i wouldnt go much over 200rwkw on a stock bottom end or your asking for trouble
350hp atw is pretty safe for a bottom end on an sr20. alot of people run from this to 400. I am not doubting your expertise i am just relaying information that i have researched.

however since then i have decided on not getting more power as the coilovers and new diff oil made a world of difference so when i get the box rebuilt and the 4.3 gears it should be plenty for what i want to do with it.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
I would focus less on power and more on suspension/brakes. Not only for drifting, but it will make the car a more fun experience to drive and allow you to go faster, you can't use 350hp going into a corner without having the brakes/suspension capable to slow you down.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Is this you out there? I was there later in the afternoon. You were doing well with what you had mate well done. What have you done suspension wise to it too?

AmmoJammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
Is this you out there? I was there later in the afternoon. You were doing well with what you had mate well done. What have you done suspension wise to it too?

nah, its my mate Eli, I didn't go :p

Suspension wise, it has Koni shocks, lowered springs, and not a lot more I don't think... Diff is locked I do believe.

Suspension mods? Koni reds oil shocks, lovell springs, whiteline adjustable rear swaybar, 6mm steering lock spacers, nolathane front swaybar bushes and steering rack bushes.. and new standard rack ends lol. Had to grind down a stopper with the lock spacers. Uhh, a bit of toe out, and max negative front camber. Might extend the slots to get more neg. And increased track with around 0 offset effectively. But minimal mods really.

Last edited:

Blown355cca

Tyre Torturer
Reaction score
Website
www.clubcommodore.com
Members Ride
Frankenstein "VR 666"
Sweet Vid mate!!! hopefully I'll be able to make it this year, I wasn't able to last year due to still being in Darwin :(

Here's a video one of my mates made from a trip we did last year :D

Last edited by a moderator:

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
NSW people, anyone coming to the Wakefield drift day in April??