Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OTR air intake

calvv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE Calais V v8
Hi boys and girls. I was considering a otr air intake before my tune tommorow but after talking to my dyno guy he advised me against it as it can create problems with the maff sencer. He also told me after the expense of purchasing it you will get a gain of only 7HP!! I'm just thinking of getting a K&N air filter to fit the standard box .. What are your thoughts on this??

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
super awesome time machine
deppends on the OTR but personaly i think hes full of **** just search around for better OTRs

Hi boys and girls. I was considering a otr air intake before my tune tommorow but after talking to my dyno guy he advised me against it as it can create problems with the maff sencer. He also told me after the expense of purchasing it you will get a gain of only 7HP!! I'm just thinking of getting a K&N air filter to fit the standard box .. What are your thoughts on this??

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
OTR and Mafless FTW

who's tuning it?

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0

Take your car to a different tuner. Before & After Dyno results have been done for many different types of OTR's , all with gains.

calvv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE Calais V v8
Hmmm. So what should you expect from a $500+ otr? I just can't justify spending that for 14 rwkw

Titleist

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE s2 SSV
that orssom OTR and a MAF tune will be great.... i'd look for a new tuner in MEL who knows more about it to be quite honest...
MAFLESS tune is pointless with a fairly stock motor , and also is illegal..
MAF sensors on the VE's flow more than enough air..

to make horsepower and gain throttle response is to get the most cold air into the motor as possible...it's up to a good tuner to put it into effect...

calvv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE Calais V v8
It will be a maff tune and I decided to put a k&n filter in for now which will be 30% more air flow than standard. These guys have been doing this for years but the guys doing the tune work for HSV and have a history of fixing issues through a tune. The box is getting tuned too.

Thanks for the input everyone. I'll spill the results soon and maybe a short vid.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Sorry to burst your bubble but all air filters flow the same regardless.......the only way they are going to flow more is with a larger surface area or being rammed in ie OTR - also no dyno can simulate the airflow being rammed in so you would actually pick up more horsepower on the road then on the dyno

I see your in Pakenham you should go down to LSX garage and talk to them about tuning they are well known in your area