Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OTR air intake

calvv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE Calais V v8
Sorry to burst your bubble but all air filters flow the same regardless.......the only way they are going to flow more is with a larger surface area or being rammed in ie OTR - also no dyno can simulate the airflow being rammed in so you would actually pick up more horsepower on the road then on the dyno

I see your in Pakenham you should go down to LSX garage and talk to them about tuning they are well known in your area
Yeah Munz i did go down there and had a chat, But the place im taking it to is in Hallam and they do know there stuff, I get what your saying regarding the OTR but for now ill stick with the K&N air filter in the standard box, Later on i plan to get a mild cam and head work done and when i do ill get an otr...I think with what i am doing ( X-Force headers 1 5/8 into 1, and 2.5 exhaust and straight trough mufflers + tune of engine and trans i will hopfully be more than happy, From what i have read everyone who has has a custom tune etc etc has been over the moon...Just for your info one of the makers of an OTR claimed to have an increase of 14 rwkw, so thats what i was going off...

Cheers

Steve

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
An OTR will massively out perform the stock air box and K&N filter .

A link was posted of the Orssome OTR, I'm not a fan of them. The two OTR's I like are the DuSpeed and the VCM, both are fantastic and worth every dollar!

calvv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE Calais V v8
Munz, what is FTW?????????????

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0
You might not think 14rwkw is alot, but its all about throttle response & the amount of torque increase in the rev range.

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
14rwkw is a great increase. People these days expect alot from nothing. Open your damn wallets and loosen your ass hole if power is your concern.

DECIMATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
It makes your car waaaaaayyyyyy more responsive and heeeeaaaaappppsssss more torque high in the revs. I had an OTR and tune done on mine, love it, sounds great too