Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OTR air intake

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0
I've got a DUS OTR for a VE in the shed if your interested..........

How much are you chasing for the OTR mate.....is it for Maf or Mafless?

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
Sorry to burst your bubble but all air filters flow the same regardless.......the only way they are going to flow more is with a larger surface area or being rammed in ie OTR - also no dyno can simulate the airflow being rammed in so you would actually pick up more horsepower on the road then on the dyno

I see your in Pakenham you should go down to LSX garage and talk to them about tuning they are well known in your area

Please explain how all filters flow the same?

Matts-97vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 vs ute
Vcm, dads got a ve Calais with full 3inch manta system, vcm Otr and malfess
It puts out 308kw

calvv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE Calais V v8
Think your mixing up your Conversions 14kw is 19hp.
That's good power from the stock airbox it must feel a million times better to drive .Although if you had gotten an otr the power figure would have been Around the 270rwkw mark. The big limiting factor is once you decide to do cams etc you'll find the stock airbox is very restrictive.

I use the word ( once )you decide to go cams .as with most people it's great for about a month but then you want more. lol
..It feels heaps better, better gear changes, and the responce and extra power is full on...Im very happy with the result....Give it some time and ill end up getting otr, but for now im happy ...

spanks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V UTE,VE SS SEDAN
..It feels heaps better, better gear changes, and the responce and extra power is full on...Im very happy with the result....Give it some time and ill end up getting otr, but for now im happy ...

And that people is the main thing....the man is happy with both car and tuner.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Please explain how all filters flow the same?

Can't remember where I saw it now (internet or magazine) but they dyno'd the same car back to back with 3 filters in the standard airbox - OEM, K&N, king dragon (maybe can't remember the last one) and there was no extra power made with any aftermarket filter

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
Can't remember where I saw it now (internet or magazine) but they dyno'd the same car back to back with 3 filters in the standard airbox - OEM, K&N, king dragon (maybe can't remember the last one) and there was no extra power made with any aftermarket filter
OK... But they haven't tested them as filters? Because I believe A/M filters would flow a lot better. The only reason they don't make more power on the dyno is the compensation in the computer or the fact that the extra power they make is within the fluctuations of the dyno readout each time...

It was just a broad statement, I wanted to know what you knew..