Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tim's 98 VS S Pac Ute (First Car)

98commyute

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VS S ute
ute looks clean as mate, black plus 5 speed = drool haha oh and would you recommend rimskins as ive been considering buying some..

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
Cheers for all the comments fellas, all the positive feedback has made me slowly get off my ass and get this thing back to it's former condition.
Ok, the ute's had a hard time lately due to my laziness in the cosmetic area and my lack of time.
I went past the panel beater this arvo to get the following quoted:
* Scratch on LHS of SS Front Bar
* RHS Rear Quarter dent fixed (Mate's little brother on his L's collided with the poor ute!)
* Tub hook panels tidied up
* Possibly fix the rear tailgate.

Stay tuned for photo's and updates when I book her in. I promise she will be back soon...

Jay1211

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VS Series 1 Commodore Ute
hey mate,
yeah my vs ute sits just under two grand at 110km/h but cruises better at around 120-125.

and nice looking ute real clean :)

ZyDaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
Hey mate. your CAI notice much difference when you did it? im doin a OTR CAI not the SS one. the normal one. would i see much difference. also got the K&N high flow panal filter. ?

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
I thought u got all ya stuff fixed mate no pics yet !!

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok, it's definitely been a while since I've update this thread, so I thought I might as well get off my behind and explains what's been up with the ute, which in reality is not a lot ! They're only Iphone photos, but they'e better then nothing.

So, since my last post the ute visited the panel beater, it got the RHS rear panel dent taken out, my tub panels re-painted, my front bar touched up and the whole car polished. The ute came out looking a million bucks, here's a few snaps!

16gylcp.jpg

2q1urz5.jpg

1zvs8q0.jpg

ddfcyt.jpg

I also installed a 6000K H.I.D headlight kit. The difference is astounding, better range and street signs are illuminated way more. Plus it look's amazing!

jz8j1y.jpg

I also was driving around looking like this for a week as I got a nail through my tyre. Don't be hating, it was for a valid reason! Although, having only driven the ute with the 18's on it, the switch to 15's with 195 tyres is crazy.

346nvc8.jpg

13zdh1g.jpg

Also took her away for Easter, managed to get her bogged and filthy. She is definitely not suited for off road, as I have discovered many times!

Bit of an oil top up for the trip!
34rc3md.jpg

5yc0n4.jpg

197ax5.jpg

That's about it for now. I'll take some good quality camera photo's once I can clean her and once the sun comes out in Melbourne again.
Plan's for the future though now are really not too much. Drive it, clean it, fix it as things go wrong and service it. I love it to bits and want to see it last out the rest of my 2 years on my P's!

Last edited:

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
looking tops.

good to finally find a dirtier ute =P

and is that a dent in the tailgate or are the eyes playing tricks?

keep it up.
and sound like a good plan

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
looking tops.

good to finally find a dirtier ute =P

and is that a dent in the tailgate or are the eyes playing tricks?

keep it up.
and sound like a good plan

Cheers mate!
Yeah she gets dirty on many occasions, I bought her to use her. Plus it gives me an excuse to wash it !
Yeeeeah that's a dent, it's been there for as long as I can remember... Adds character!