Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tim's 98 VS S Pac Ute (First Car)

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
timmy, love ur ute man.

after i sold my maloo i went through a phase where i wanted a black VS 5lt ute fkn bad after seein this one

STOCKIES.jpg

urs needs to be this low :)

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
Mate rate the hids they looked awsome tonight!! Get me some
You finally fixed your headlights or what dobesz? I still vote H.I.D's moooooite, they're just indescribable on the road. Plus, makes you look like a baaawhs.

Another VS ute, nice look. Don't change a thing not many of our straight ute's left.
Cheers mate, yours is one clea example too. I don't plan on changing a thing on her, just looking after her and treating her right :) It's sad how many thrasher VS ute's are out there though....

Looks mint mate, Where abouts did you get the HID's from/ the blue and red stickers across the lights they look sick, wouldnt mind getting some onto my vs ute.
Cheers mate, I try my best to keep it clean. I got the H.I.D's through a mate, he sells the kits for cheap if your in Melbourne I can PM him your number. If not mate, ebay sell kits that suit the VS. As for my headlight covers, I got them off ebay used. They're new old stock ones on there for around 75 bucks if you search VS HDT light covers you should find them mate.

looking good still mate, good to see a ute being used and not just babied :)

makes me want a ute!
Cheers mate, all this positive feedback is making me happy haha. She does get babied a fair bit, but sometimes a ute's got to do what a ute's got to do! Get on the ute bandwagaon mate, I don't ever plan on making the switch away from them!

nothing wrong with babying a vs ute especially if its an ss, btw its looking pretty good tim i might have to get myself some HID's
I agree mate, nothing wrong with babying a mint VS, just ask dobesz.... Get on the H.I.D's mate, honestly one of the most worthwhile mods I have done.

timmy, love ur ute man.

after i sold my maloo i went through a phase where i wanted a black VS 5lt ute fkn bad after seein this one

STOCKIES.jpg

urs needs to be this low :)
Cheers Jecs, getting a compliment from you on the ute has honestly made my day haha. You can't deny a clean black vs ute though, something faaaarkin appealing about them. The photobucket link doesn't work, but I'm sure it's a low ballin' chop shop special...

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just thought I'd drop in and update the thread.
As usaul just driving the ute and trying to maintain her. Took her away again, this time with the trailer for the first time. Went alright towing, bit of scrapage from the extra weight but she didn't seem to mind the extra load at all. As usaul she ended up absolutely filthy, but a good clean always brings her back to her former self. On the way home from the long weekend went through a breatho stop and a cop picked me up on my H.I.D's. Luckily I had my spare stock globes in my glovebox and the cop was friendly enough to let me change it all over on the spot to avoid a fine/defect. First time the bonnets ever been popped on the ute and I got away scott free, extremely happy with that one.
Also managed to collect a pothole a few nights ago and managed to rip a hole in the sidewall of my tyre, so goodbye $190 for a new Hankook tyre. Got a few photos of the pot hole so may try get the council involved with that one...
Beside all that I just plan on driving her and loving her, as I always say. Maybe thinking of upgrading to a four wheel drive in the near futue but that's all thoughts for now, I at least expect to drive the remaining two years of my P's in this baby.
Here's some pictures, enjoy...

Towing the bikes for a typical long weekend away.
24e9j5w.jpg

Pedders Sports Ryder shocks definitely help stiffen the rear with the load on.
70z0if.jpg

Me and my mates Patrol, two best friends they are...
nwbmt1.jpg

She always manages to get so filthy...
a6vxc.jpg

Flat Flat Flat.
34dk4dg.jpg

That's better...
2m76q6e.jpg

Mmm, back to clean!
t9fi8n.jpg

No more mud..
2w2hul2.jpg

Just a quick snap of my mates Patrol on the long weekend. This thing is an absolute beast, built from the ground up. Body swap, re spray, turbo and intercooler, lift, too much to mention... Has taken him around Australia and on countless weeekends away with barely a problem. My inspiration I guess to possibly upgrade to a four wheel drive. But we will see...
24o22s6.jpg

98commyute

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VS S ute
Looking smick as always mate, what happened to your rim skins if I may ask?

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking smick as always mate, what happened to your rim skins if I may ask?
Cheers mate, I do try.
Ahhh the rim skins. Well, had a bit of trouble with those. The first set I ordered didn't even stick to the rim, so returned those and a rep came out and fitted another new set to my car. The ones the rep fitted were fine for about 2 weeks until one fell off whilst driving. By this point I had had enough of the product and got a full re-fund and parted ways with them. Props to how the company handled everything, but as for the product, has a long way to go....

YEATSY

Get Uted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Pack Ute
That sucks u got pulled but got damn lucky to not get a fine or anything!
The trailer seems to sit pretty level in the pics, when I had a trailer on it almost on a 45 degree angle lol
You've got the same idea as me, I'm considering getting a 4x4 when I'm off my p's
But I thought get full licence, get a v8 for a few mints I have fun with then get a 4x4 lol

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
That sucks u got pulled but got damn lucky to not get a fine or anything!
The trailer seems to sit pretty level in the pics, when I had a trailer on it almost on a 45 degree angle lol
You've got the same idea as me, I'm considering getting a 4x4 when I'm off my p's
But I thought get full licence, get a v8 for a few mints I have fun with then get a 4x4 lol
Yeah mate, extremely lucky that I got away fine free! I guess it's all about attitude too. But yeah, four wheel drive or v8, that's the ultimate decision...

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Came up a treat after the wash.