Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Wow what a night

Holden do make it difficult to change the traction and power switch globes dont they. Unbelieveable how bloody ridiculous it is just to change the globes. Unless someone has a better way, sheeesh.

1. Removed gear selector shaft
2. Removed centre console
3. Change bulbs with ones i made up from Jaycar for the Traction and Power button on the gear selector. Think Holden charge $6 i heard per bulb, got 3 bulbs from Jaycar for $3, fitted them into the bulb holders easily enough and put green or red plastic covering on it to change the colour
4. Installed switches into new gear selector plate
5. Removed centre console lighting from a Calais centre console and placed into mine (different colours) and tapped into the power window switch wiring (will check out the apparent unsed loom designed for it near the left side passenger kick panel)
6. Tested everything and presto
7. installed gear selector plate and shaft and pin (bloody annoying yet easy, get some duct tape to hold down the gear selector button, other ppl say you need a 2nd person to help)
8. installed centre console
9. redid the cup holder lights as damaged the originals
10. retested everything
11. Installed LED power windows switches (child lock was damaged, decided to disassemble the original one i had and used the parts to fix the LED one)
12. Realised my car been running on power too long and battery died
13. refitted spare battery, started car, placed original battery back in and let it idle for a while
14. realised drivers centre console kick plate got damaged, oh well, off to the wreckers one day to replace.
15. Removed dash fascia, removed Hazard light switch and installed one i prepared earlier with a new globe, pretty red.
16. refitted all dash fascia screws.
17. Tested everything
18. Reset all settings on stereo since had to change battery before and reprogram all stations etc
19. Took for a test drive, love it
20. Absolutely happy with results.

Im tired

unitchick

Beckstar's VZ SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SS 5.7ltr
yea went to pits im allowed to have them lol but didnt pass i need standard springs to raise the car, new tyres, flexingcap thingy for the tailshaft as its splitting, take the sticker off the front as its reflective so yea now i only have 28 days t5o do it and its crap when money is a bit short

ms_enj

Geek girls are sexy...
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega 60th Anniversary
Cleaned it very thoroughly, inside and out. She scrubs up nicely for a 4 year old hack that's done nearly 170,000km.
lA5ID.jpg

Also came up with a stupidly cheap fix for the scratches in the leather.

Before:
BVyxg.jpg

After:
wVb0X.jpg

There aren't that many, but the really obvious ones are now nearly invisible unless you know where to look - from more than a few inches away, they just look like the grain in the leather.

I used a grey texta with water based ink, coloured over the scratch a few times, and then wiped the excess away. It's almost a perfect match for the Metro coloured leather. Not sure how long it'll last, but it's a two minute job to touch it up again.

Total cost? $2.75.

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
determined to drive
FXpL0.jpg

ul2Yh.jpg

K9oXM.jpg

Also cable tied my some panels on because i ran out of tek screws and washed, vacuumed and waxed half of it

Last edited:

Bezzey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 99' Series II
Got my front 2 wheels balanced which still hasn't stopped the steering wheel vibration.

Also got my chrome strip to go in the bumper inserts and chrome door surrounds! Can't wait to fit them after work tomorrow! Pics will be up when i showcase my grandpa spec VT in the coming days!