Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Location of OBD2 connector.

t0mn8r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SSV 6L
Hi everyone! :)

I'm new to the forum so please take it easy on me...

I would like to interface to the OBD2 using my Android phone but I can't locate the connector which is supposed to be under the steering wheel somewhere...

I am old, stupid as well as blind so a picture would be appreciated.

Any assistance would be great!

PS
More than happy to help out with any computer related questions.

PPS
My ride is a 2007 SSV.

Last edited:

Matt_27

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE
Probably easiest to see it if you squat down next to ur car rather than trying to find it while ur in it. Basically its directly behind the leaver you pull to open ur bonnet. About 10-15 cm further back from that.

Matt_27

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE
Get the torch and shine in there then you will find it easily

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Hi there T0mn8r,

You might like to have a quick squiz at the following post....
www.carmodder.com • GM Lan Single Wire CAN Bus Sniffing

The first post has a picture of the OBDII Connector, and the rest of the thread is what a couple of us have been doing in terms of playing around with the 29Bit GM Lan.
(Seeing as you are a fellow programmer, I thought you might be interested in the data packets, and what we have been able to do in terms of parrot-ing commands to display stuff like park assist distances, write text to the Cluster LCD, remotely lock, unlock doors, and set radio status information...

Cheers

t0mn8r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SSV 6L
Thanks boys! I finally found it. Easy if you get help from your loser mates (that's you guys BTW). :p

and now the pics of my beautiful baby:

My baby (1).jpgMy baby (2).jpgMy baby (3).jpg

t0mn8r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SSV 6L
Thanks for that Zerone_V, it's appreciated.

I have poichased the cheap and nasty ELM 327:
Elm327 WIFI OBD 2 Car Diagnostic Reader Scanner with Wireless for IPhone

to interface to my POS (piece of sh!t) Android phone using torque Torque — OBD2 Performance and Diagnostics for your Vehicle

I am hoping that it will work for me so I can see some real data and hopefully capture and analyse it afterwards.

What I am not sure about, and I am hoping someone can answer this for me, is whether I can still receive phone calls whilst utilising the interface. In other words, does the car and phone bluetooth interface interact using hardware interrupts or is it only one at a time.

Any information is gratefully accepted and if I get the right answers physical favours are not out of the question.

:p

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
If I see one more post on this forum bitching about chev badges I will instantly ban the idiots who keep bringing it up. If you do not like chev badges, keep it to yourself. Sick to ####ing death of so many threads with people sooking about others having them.

Who cares.

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Thanks for that Zerone_V, it's appreciated.
I am hoping that it will work for me so I can see some real data and hopefully capture and analyse it afterwards.

What I am not sure about, and I am hoping someone can answer this for me, is whether I can still receive phone calls whilst utilising the interface. In other words, does the car and phone bluetooth interface interact using hardware interrupts or is it only one at a time.

Any information is gratefully accepted and if I get the right answers physical favours are not out of the question.

:p

If there is a bluetooth handsfree limitation, it will be due to the phone itself...
(Hard to tell if you can both sniff data, and make, receive calls via bluetooth on the device, it will be one of those things that you will need to try to be certain).

It seems like Andriod is the way to go for this sort of thing, My iPhone4 wont connect to my modified ELM327 bluetooth device,
but everything else that I have (Linux laptop, Windows CE device, Windows 7, etc) all connect up fine.