Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MAP Sensor Connection Plug male end broken, Need replacement

GonadzInStrife

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
Ok i recently attempted my first dismantle of the driver head to machine the valve seat, i have successfully put my engine back together and now have a LIMP MODE and reduced power. I believe its due to the MAP sensor cable which the male connector is just 2 metal crimped parts and a rubber ring no "male organ ;)"
Screenshot 2024-01-17 113602.png

So I have researched and everywhere i look the connection for an LS2 engine MAP SENSOR looks completely different and would not fit my plug on the manifold as this is this next picture is the female end.
Screenshot 2024-01-17 113851.png

Can anyone please tell me a solution to this problem and why everywhere online looks so different and nothing makes sense.

here is the results i find for the so called same connector brand new below
Screenshot 2024-01-17 094435.png

WHY DOES IT LOOK SO DIFFERENT TO THE CONECTION I NEED?

1. Do I need to replace the female end in the manifold to buy a cheap solution, or can i buy the correct connector
2. Does anyone no where to find the right connection plug
3. If I change the MAP sensor in the manifold to suit a new plug will that do anything to my LIMP MODE or Computer and make my life harder.
4. Can i just go to a wreckers and cut one off a broken wire loom and use that plug and will it be the same as mine if somehow looks different everywhere else?
5. would the likes of Jaycar sell this connection point?

Any assistance would be handy at this point.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
map sensor is 3 wires, u are showing a 2 wire plug, is it coolant temp ?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Easy fix. Just cut away the remaining connector and insert the pins into the new plug. You need to get the correct plug. Take a photo of the old one first showing the wires in the correct position.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Coolant temp sensor.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Easy fix. Just cut away the remaining connector and insert the pins into the new plug. You need to get the correct plug. Take a photo of the old one first showing the wires in the correct position.
not sure with that factory 2 pin plug is the terminals may go on with the wires already thru the plug then u pull them back in to clip in, i actually got a different style plug but the same when i done mine so i can push the pins in from the back much easier

GonadzInStrife

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
honestly i'm unsure, but the photo shows the plug which is located on the manifold itself which looks like a mushroom shape

GonadzInStrife

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
You say cut away the remaining connector and insert the pins into a new plug, Where do i find the correct plug to buy

GonadzInStrife

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
Might need some assistance with that question. because I do believe i have the correct plug as you can see it looks like its supposed to fit, and the mushroom looking white photo is the female end on the actual manifold itself and that is "i assume stock standard".

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
You say cut away the remaining connector and insert the pins into a new plug, Where do i find the correct plug to buy
Yes. Be careful not to damage the wire. Of course you could try releasing the pins but all things considered, just carefully cut the plastic off. Then you have two wires already pinned and ready to go into a new connector.
(The new connector will come with new pins. Keep as spares.)