Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vl walkinshaw replica project

twr-92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL walky replica, ve sv6, vy s
how are you going to mount your front number plate?
I want to have mine hang from top of the inside of the spoiler. I really don't like the idea of drilling holes right in the middle of the front bar and covering it with a number plate.

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
how are you going to mount your front number plate?
I want to have mine hang from top of the inside of the spoiler. I really don't like the idea of drilling holes right in the middle of the front bar and covering it with a number plate.
i have not worked that out yet,some one suggested putting brackets on the i side of the bar and mounting it to them.

brumby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I need to hook my speedo up - did you use the standard speedo? Where did you get the cable from? Is there any way of using the standard gauges - I'm trying to keep the stock feel inside the cabin.

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
I need to hook my speedo up - did you use the standard speedo? Where did you get the cable from? Is there any way of using the standard gauges - I'm trying to keep the stock feel inside the cabin.
hey mate i scored a cable for 20bucks off eBay(some one was taking out there conversion gear), i just had to put my speed'o gear on the end of the cable and run it up through the floor.
though if you can't find one go to a speed'o/instrument shop they can make them.
vn is electronic and vl is cable driven,so you will not be able to use the vl cable or vn sender unless you install a vn dash.
volts will hook up easy,oil press/temp no use in hooking them up they wont be calibrated,and taco i couldn't get working at all.
how did you go with your clutch issue?

brumby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Thanks mate! I need to check that out. The cable is coming through the floor but isn't tuning, which makes me think it's missing a gear..

Clutch and pedal box all sorted. I need to take some pics of the firewall but it came together.

Lot's more to go though..

I've just posted up a thread about mine and hopefully it will be live soon.

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks mate! I need to check that out. The cable is coming through the floor but isn't tuning, which makes me think it's missing a gear..

Clutch and pedal box all sorted. I need to take some pics of the firewall but it came together.

Lot's more to go though..

I've just posted up a thread about mine and hopefully it will be live soon.
the gears have a very little sir-clip, i bet the fool didn't put it on properly or broke it putting it on lol,also check the part where it clips on to the cluster might of clipped its self off if your lucky,
cool i will be keeping an eye out for your beast.

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
are we there yet?
not as yet, i've been so busy with work, my job involves these illegal boat loads,so you can imagine the work load lol.
i hope i can spare time this weekend,fingers crossed.
how are you going with yours?
you will probably beat me to it:(

twr-92

Reaction score
Members Ride
ive got a few bits and pieces to get done.
I've found a connector for the reverse switch at Mal Woods and that should be here early next week. getting it in will probably have its own challenges also since there isn't much space in the trans tunnel....

twr-92

Reaction score
Members Ride
I spoke to Pat at v6conversions today about hooking up my electronic speedo.
we need to run a speed signal to the ecu which should be 2 pulses per rotation of the tailshaft (I think)
this would go to the brown wire with a yellow trace form the ecu which I think is on the white plug that we ran some other wires to near the ecu.

when the ecu gets a speed signal it stops it from running in limp mode.
have you done this?