Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ricer of the day

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
The link is not so much the typical rice you have come to expect here on JC ricer of the day. But it is definitely worth having a look at my friends.. It made me lol.

Surprise awesome-ness link

Essentially it almost follows the rules of the bellow quote:

Ok. So there seems to be some confusion about what is rice and what is not. So here we go.

R-race
I- inspired
C-cosmetic
E-enhancement

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
The link is not so much the typical rice you have come to expect here on JC ricer of the day. But it is definitely worth having a look at my friends.. It made me lol.

Surprise awesome-ness link

Essentially it almost follows the rules of the bellow quote:

Lol thats kinda funny alright. 4 grand to get the same 120kw as my Cerato has as standard. Both cars are the same size.. so NO their blower is not going to dust off V8s, mine certainly cant... unless its a 253 maybe, I can take those no problem ;).

Mitchamus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Calais 5 Litre
Did you join up just to say that? Tell me, got anything aftermarket on your car?

Again, You guys understand the thread is called 'ricer of the day', not 'commodores that don't suit my tastes'?

Post some pix of your ride, lets see if we can pick some things we don't like about it.

No i didnt, i joined yesterday :p
My car is a completely original 2 owner 140,000km VS II Calais 5litre....... No mods at all and it wont be RICEd ever.

haha, eight posts in and already making friends.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
No i didnt, i joined yesterday :p
My car is a completely original 2 owner 140,000km VS II Calais 5litre....... No mods at all and it wont be RICEd ever.

haha, eight posts in and already making friends.

lol welcome to JC mate

Dont take it personal :) simply making a point here. The Commodore I was talking about, apart from the stupid wing and rear stockies, isn't that far from original. I hate the paint scheme, but I would never call it rice.. some would actually really like it.

The white heap of crap that followed it however is certainly rice. Its not any individual component that makes up rice in my opinion, its a bad combination or an excess of extra stuff that does it.

Its not aftermarket stuff that makes it rice.. its silly stuff. As I asked in another post.. are those the original wheels on your VS? No, they aren't. They may be Holden wheels, I don't recognise them, but they are NOT the original wheels. I don't mind them to be honest.. but if you are going to say 'its rice because it has something aftermarket on it' then your car is also rice.

Half the posts on this thread are perfectly reasonably modded commodores.. they just don't suit the taste of the people posting them as 'ricers'.

I do like your car btw :)

Mitchamus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Calais 5 Litre
lol welcome to JC mate

Dont take it personal :) simply making a point here. The Commodore I was talking about, apart from the stupid wing and rear stockies, isn't that far from original. I hate the paint scheme, but I would never call it rice.. some would actually really like it.

The white heap of crap that followed it however is certainly rice. Its not any individual component that makes up rice in my opinion, its a bad combination or an excess of extra stuff that does it.

Its not aftermarket stuff that makes it rice.. its silly stuff. As I asked in another post.. are those the original wheels on your VS? No, they aren't. They may be Holden wheels, I don't recognise them, but they are NOT the original wheels. I don't mind them to be honest.. but if you are going to say 'its rice because it has something aftermarket on it' then your car is also rice.

Half the posts on this thread are perfectly reasonably modded commodores.. they just don't suit the taste of the people posting them as 'ricers'.

I do like your car btw :)
Taste in cars is def to the persons taste and I think the term rice may be to each individuals meaning of the term. Its hard to concrete what "rice" is as its a slang term. Each to their own I say but that car to me is rice. That white statey is ####ed! Haha. Your not talking bout my wheels???? They are factory series 2 calais wheels, that also came out on VT equipes. The same as ve omega internationals came out with series 1 ve calais wheels. Excess stock, parts bin special. This may be my first holden but I have sold cars for years incHoldens.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Less talk more pics, I don't care if its not the exact type of wheels or body kit it can't be any worse than having to listen to this crap!
If you don't like what pic they post then close the window.

PJDM1980

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
Please tell me how you can tell the headlight is sitting wrong, point out the faults in the fibreglass, and tell me how you can see what the interior is like?

C382B4F6-7345-4AE5-B47B-881E3D98FC95-2985-000002123980FD39.jpg

as i posted a page back that i have seen the car around penrith........

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
saw it on the way to work this morning, thought it was worth a laugh and an upload

Bit old but yeah he works at Mr. Rental, I have to drive past it every day as punishment. Although that spoiler is gone now. Also it has a VS Supercar 'Race' front bar, which is about as bad as the spoiler was
Thought I might edit, green P plater. It does sound really nice though. Must be a 5.0L