Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What kind of tires you guys running on your VE's?

docCarter

Reaction score
Members Ride
Now: '10 Equinox 3.0L AWD Soon: Cadillac ATS 3.6L
Just a curious tire selling American asking. All sizes welcome.

As a future VF-based SS owner, I plan on running Michelin Pilot Sport A/S+ tires, averaging around $240-290 a piece. Living in Chicago makes all seasons necessary.

Phantom

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Sportwagon series 2 and a VY exec 2
I love the Yokahama S-221's , very nice, but they cost 300AUD a peice, oh and it's tyres with a Y.
LOL

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
I stick with my bridgestones re050. Ran then daily from 40deg Celsius in the country to the snowy drives home after nightshift at work. Are a great all round tire in my opinion and have gotten 45,000 plus klms on a set . (which for the way I drive is pretty good distance)

docCarter

Reaction score
Members Ride
$300 for a Yokohama? Thats really high for a mid range tire.

The RE050's are great.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Hey mate. I'm running Pilot Sport 3 on my VZ 235/40/18's, paid $279 each, brilliant tyre.

docCarter

Reaction score
Members Ride
I really wish I lived in a warm climate like Arizona, I'd run Pilot Super Sports all year long.

Phantom

Reaction score
Members Ride
$300 for a Yokohama? Thats really high for a mid range tire.

The RE050's are great.

Thats what we Aussies have had to put up with since the dawn of time, WE GET RIPPED OFF ROYALLY COMPARED TO OTHER COUNTRIES, FFS. Also, what makes you say they are a mid range tyre?

docCarter

Reaction score
Members Ride
In America they are considered a "value" oriented tire. Good quality for a good price. I put them in the same field as their Sumitomo brethren along with Falken.

Pirelli, Bridgestone, Michelin, Continental and Goodyear are top tier tires. I personally only buy Michelins, they are the best tires Ive owned and worth their high prices (never exceeding $300/tire, we Americans are spoiled). Im looking ag different options for my future SS likely to rock the 245/40/19 size of the current VE.

Then you have your crap, Hankooks and Kuhmos are just terrible. Anything Chinese is unbearable.

Phantom

Reaction score
Members Ride
In America they are considered a "value" oriented tire. Good quality for a good price. I put them in the same field as their Sumitomo brethren along with Falken.

Pirelli, Bridgestone, Michelin, Continental and Goodyear are top tier tires. I personally only buy Michelins, they are the best tires Ive owned and worth their high prices (never exceeding $300/tire, we Americans are spoiled). Im looking ag different options for my future SS likely to rock the 245/40/19 size of the current VE.

Then you have your crap, Hankooks and Kuhmos are just terrible. Anything Chinese is unbearable.

Yep cheap china shite, also I noticed you have a 3.6 SIDI? How is your oil consumption?

docCarter

Reaction score
Members Ride
Not yet, I'm debating between the new ATS with the 3.6l and the SS.

I do have the 3.0L SIDI in my Equinox. I run Synpower Valvoline 5W-30 with no issues. Only problem I had was a #6 misfire than ended up with a fuel injector replacement under warranty. The car was out for 2 weeks.