Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY ecotec at 100km/h

Futech

Like a boss
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7
Hit up Mace for a reflash on your PCM and they can sort your shifting points etc. But to be honest just drop a LS1 into it. After you spend all that cash on mods to your Eco and we are talking, cam, high lift rockers, exhaust including headers, mace spacers, tune etc etc you would be more happy with a LS1. Trust me been there done that.

Futech

Like a boss
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7
Oh and to add, LS1's in Australia are cheap as hell. Over my way your looking at 6k minimum

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Hit up Mace for a reflash on your PCM and they can sort your shifting points etc. But to be honest just drop a LS1 into it. After you spend all that cash on mods to your Eco and we are talking, cam, high lift rockers, exhaust including headers, mace spacers, tune etc etc you would be more happy with a LS1. Trust me been there done that.

And here I was under the impression that to sort my shift points in a manual, all I had to do was change gear.

Futech

Like a boss
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7
Lol, just reread OP thought he was talking about a auto.

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
If you want a V8 you would be better off selling your exec and buying an SS as they are getting very affordable now-days + a VY exec with a V8 dropped into it will hold very little value in the future compared to a genuine SS.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
VY comes stock with a CAI.

I've already had a look though the forum even been through most of the ecotec performance threads. None of which seemed to answer my question ;)

Changed the diff, gearbox and engine oil in the last month, likewise filters.

@NathanVY, Cheers I've been looking at rockers might give it a go. Ive got a plenum spacer coming so ill see what that does first.

Yes it does come with a cai but its crap and needs to be up graded or even some extra holes and duct feeding it will help

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
power to go up hills? and lose traction over the other side of the hill, side ways crash!! seriously take your time with your build even if it takes a year, think before you buy 10 different products can have the same outcome, search every resource out there, buy second hand if you have too.. restoring parts can be cheaper, same gains. start small or go BANG! test, tune, tweak!

don't forget brakes upgrades!

you cant fight gravity, its about weight, performance and aerodynamics.

BenMitchell

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim S2
Knock it back a gear :spot on:

This. 5th is your overdrive gear with the Getrag boxes. When attacking hills and overtaking you should be dropping down to 4th gear for power, then back up to 5th gear for crusing and fuel economy :thumbsup:

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
I can accelerate up hills in 6th muhahahaaaaa
... while towing a trailer with a broken down ford on it even I wouldn't doubt.