Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electrical Apprenticeship wanted!

auzzie_bradd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX ss
Haha I love my family too, and I have been with my missus since i was 15 (21 now, shes 22 in 2 weeks) and we still make it work...

At the end of the day, my mates are working at coles still waiting for "that big job up in the mines brah" and I am out there getting **** done, making coin to set up the rest of my life etc etc. Hopefully you can do the same thing and not be one of these "It will happen one day" guys like so many of my mates.

HAHAHAHA "in the mines brah" hahaha pisser

yeah i was like that at the start of the year till now :\ waiting for dad's mate's mate, never happened so i decided to do something about it!

hopefully i get an apprenticeship, to be honest i would consider an offer like Dayvo's son got, move to NSW on 2k a week, that would be amazing! haha granted thats at 3rd year but still...

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
HAHAHAHA "in the mines brah" hahaha pisser

yeah i was like that at the start of the year till now :\ waiting for dad's mate's mate, never happened so i decided to do something about it!

hopefully i get an apprenticeship, to be honest i would consider an offer like Dayvo's son got, move to NSW on 2k a week, that would be amazing! haha granted thats at 3rd year but still...

It happens man, especially because I am from WA everyone just expects that it will happen and they will be throwing money around like its nothing, my missus's dad works for BHP so he tried to help a lot of them out but you would be surprised just how lazy some people are when it comes to work...

There is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't consider a move, both my parents moved countries before 18 lol, I just moved states... it doesn't instantly mean your life is ruined, especially if you talk it through with your missus and her current employment status, my missus was lucky enough to do a degree at Uni that guarantees her employment wherever I move, except for Christmas Island of course haha.

Baby steps and keep your options open, and remember to ask questions! The only stupid question is one that isn't asked.

auzzie_bradd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX ss
It happens man, especially because I am from WA everyone just expects that it will happen and they will be throwing money around like its nothing, my missus's dad works for BHP so he tried to help a lot of them out but you would be surprised just how lazy some people are when it comes to work...

There is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't consider a move, both my parents moved countries before 18 lol, I just moved states... it doesn't instantly mean your life is ruined, especially if you talk it through with your missus and her current employment status, my missus was lucky enough to do a degree at Uni that guarantees her employment wherever I move, except for Christmas Island of course haha.

Baby steps and keep your options open, and remember to ask questions! The only stupid question is one that isn't asked.

Yeah true, he must have a bit of dosh haha ?

yeah she's only 17 at the moment 18 in a few months, still doing year 12 so yeah :\

i definately will keep alll that in mind :) thanks heaps mate!

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
He does alright... Obviously money is at the foremost of peoples minds when it comes to work but I can't imagine turning up to work every morning and wanting to just crawl in a hole, the only advice one of my teachers gave me in high school that stuck in my mind is that if you find yourself hating your job, GTFO of there because you aren't doing you or them any favours.

auzzie_bradd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX ss
He does alright... Obviously money is at the foremost of peoples minds when it comes to work but I can't imagine turning up to work every morning and wanting to just crawl in a hole, the only advice one of my teachers gave me in high school that stuck in my mind is that if you find yourself hating your job, GTFO of there because you aren't doing you or them any favours.

Yeah tahts why i think id personally prefer to do electrical rather than linesman, coz i know i would enjoy it :)

auzzie_bradd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX ss
update! in 2 weeks or so i will have completed my pre-apprenticeship... so better chances! so if you know anyone...

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Welcome to SP AusNet Apprentices & Trainees

You have until 5th August to apply. A lot of people will apply for these positions, so make your resume stand out.

Not sure I'd be too keen about driving from Berwick to the northern suburbs every day.

As long as you have year 11 maths, year 12 is better (Chemistry, Physics, Math Methods would be a deal sealer!), you should have a decent chance of getting an interview.

auzzie_bradd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX ss
well its coming up to October, so should get organised for the NECA aptitude test.
NECA - Apprenticeship Pre-Selection

and good stuff
Cheers mate might give it a crack, also helps on the resume that i was recommended by teachers, great competency and fast worker ;) what can i say.. Haha

Welcome to SP AusNet Apprentices & Trainees

You have until 5th August to apply. A lot of people will apply for these positions, so make your resume stand out.

Not sure I'd be too keen about driving from Berwick to the northern suburbs every day.

As long as you have year 11 maths, year 12 is better (Chemistry, Physics, Math Methods would be a deal sealer!), you should have a decent chance of getting an interview.

Only thing is i don't think powerlines etc is my thing, much prefer houses. Rather do a job i love vs a job i don't

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
and i like to do electrical in like houses and stuff, like i actually enjoy it

Ha ha ha, youth, you won't enjoy it when you hit 40 and are crawling around in roofs, mate of mine lasted that long. Half the locomotive drivers I work with have trades, my offsides is a A-class sparkie, my last trainee was a Diesel Mechanic add on a few Boiler Makers and even 4 shearers.