Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

RustyNail

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 UTE
I also have the annoying rattle coming from behind the driver somewhere but I have the ute. dealer has been unable to find it but confirm it's there

jhsg

Reaction score
Tried it today. Didn't stop the rattle.

I've taken the baby seat out of the back seat to check it's not that. Otherwise I will give it to Holden this week at the 3k service and get them to fix it.

Mate, it's prob a toy or something the baby has dropped / hidden. I had the same problem and nearly stripped the whole car before I found the toy under the seat.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Mate, it's prob a toy or something the baby has dropped / hidden. I had the same problem and nearly stripped the whole car before I found the toy under the seat.

LOL Damn that annoying rattle!

000149.jpg

AMSSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Ute in Fantail
For those with seat belt issues, when I booked my SSV Redline Ute in for its 3000k service last week I was told that there was a recall on my VIN No. to check the seatbelt mechanism. The service guy said they checked them and all "seemed" ok. I asked how Holden normally notifies owners and they said via letter but I haven't seen one and was told that a may receive one later.

I'm not saving that this is a problem but maybe a quick call to Holden is in order.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Ear rings in a storage compartment? - Call Supercheap. Sorry Mate couldn't resist :rolleyes:

Can you replicate the rattle when stationary? Or get your hands on a stethoscope or similar and sit in the passenger seat while someone else drives. I kid you not, I've done it and this does work for those hard to find gremlins. Like I have said previously rattles do my head in!

When you take it in for the 3K checkup, make sure you drive in the car with them, on appropriately rough roads to ensure they agree they can hear the rattle. Otherwise you'll probably get it back with a "road tested it and could not hear the rattle".

_Jay_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VF Clubsport R8
While playing music, the passenger door card rattles while it's down.

Holden advice:
"Keep the factory bass to 50%" -_- wtf

I thought that's a cop out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportwagon SV6
I took the baby seat out and te noise is now intermittent (typical). I will get on a suitably bumpy road to really check it's still there before it's 3000k service on Thursday.

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
Im sick and tired of over dramatic people coming to work with their "sound" issues
I can never fault them and when I do its the tiniest mother ####ing sound imaginable

Its the quietest car holden has pit ever EVER that's why you all hear the tiny tiny tiny little rattles

neevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportwagon SV6
Never underestimate how those little rattles can burrow into your brain.

I would prefer a noisier car to a quieter one with a rattle.

A bit of consideration is required when feeding back to service teams though. No point in crying out over something small, although if a fix is available, I'll take it.

_Jay_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VF Clubsport R8
Im sick and tired of over dramatic people coming to work with their "sound" issues
I can never fault them and when I do its the tiniest mother ####ing sound imaginable

Its the quietest car holden has pit ever EVER that's why you all hear the tiny tiny tiny little rattles

So don't have a job with direct relation to customers.
You're paid to do the job so do it.
My opinion is if we pay for the car we're well within our right to complain if there's a genuine problem, unfortunate for you I know but that's life isn't it? I have to deal with a LOT worse in my job. But I chose my profession. That's life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk