Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
Gosh something must be wrong if you can tell AFM is working on your sportswagon! I can't tell whether AFM is on in mine at all. The only way I can tell is by going to the instantaneous fuel display and watch it as it drops into the 4.0l/100km range. I tap the throttle and up it goes to 11 plus! :cry:

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Ive had the vf ssv manual for a couple of days now and faults wise so far I have found:
- climate control has a mind of its own.. blows random temps at me that don't coincide with the set temp also misses turns heat up on zone and i get cold air at drivers feet. my vz ss was spot on

- wind noise from drivers door. No trees blowing outside yet I can hear wind like a window isn't shut properly.

- my link doesn't start back at the last spot with USB audio playback. Really annoying

- Bit clunky changing gears but not when just accelerating in the same gear. Could be me trying to go from a heavy clutch to a lighter one.

Besides that such a pleasure to drive. If they can fix these niggly things I'm a happy man although I've only put 300km on it.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
I tap the throttle and up it goes to 11 plus! :cry:

Is it just mean that smiles when I watch my fuel consumption go up? It's part of the fun of a V8.

The extent of my displeasure is only ever as far as.... Pull into servo, see 98RON at $1.80, thing "jeez!", shrug, fill up, pay, leave and smile at the pleasure of driving a V8! :D

lacks creativity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Manual
Ive had the vf ssv manual for a couple of days now and faults wise so far I have found:
- climate control has a mind of its own.. blows random temps at me that don't coincide with the set temp also misses turns heat up on zone and i get cold air at drivers feet. my vz ss was spot on

- wind noise from drivers door. No trees blowing outside yet I can hear wind like a window isn't shut properly.

- my link doesn't start back at the last spot with USB audio playback. Really annoying

- Bit clunky changing gears but not when just accelerating in the same gear. Could be me trying to go from a heavy clutch to a lighter one.

Besides that such a pleasure to drive. If they can fix these niggly things I'm a happy man although I've only put 300km on it.

I'm having gearbox clunky'ness issues aswell with my SV6, very clunky from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd, not all the time but often. And the climate control. My car is booked in next week to have these issues "looked" at, I'll let you know what they say.

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
]Just found this on top of my drivers side window recess. Does anyone know what it is ?

Is it something that holds the glass in place?

Attachments

• 2014-03-06 18.59.07.jpg
    2014-03-06 18.59.07.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 395

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Looks like a bent staple. From the window surround rubber perhaps?

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
I'm having gearbox clunky'ness issues aswell with my SV6, very clunky from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd, not all the time but often. And the climate control. My car is booked in next week to have these issues "looked" at, I'll let you know what they say.

Thanks mate. Mines only got 350km on it so It may need to loosen up the driveline Im no mechanic but see what happens could just be tight.
I turned the auto fan speed to low on my climate which seems to make it act a bit more like my old car now. Will have to just see how it acts in different temps

neevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportwagon SV6
I took the baby seat out and te noise is now intermittent (typical). I will get on a suitably bumpy road to really check it's still there before it's 3000k service on Thursday.

3000 k service today and it asked them to see if they could find/fix the rattle. They mustn't have driven it afterwards because it's now worse. At least I can easily identify where the noise is coming from.

Turns out if I push the door trim whilst the rattle is happening it stops. So obviously it's door related.

Chap at the service dept said to take it back if I found it so they could fix it before it got too far.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Chap at the service dept said to take it back if I found it so they could fix it before it got too far.

Bloody dealer service departments... So basically he said "you do our job for us and bring it back so we can so something and give a warranty invoice to Holden?"