Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

yool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Ute, 2013 SS Ute
Interesting...... just remember that the mechanic didn't cause the rattle, and his hands are pretty much tied as to how he'll fix it.......... odds are once you're on the same side he'll get it done pretty quick :beer chug:

bilko88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE MY9
Back on my VF SSV Sportwagon ride and comfort I took a photo of my cluster today. I was doing 69km/h in 6th Gear and the AFM was also engaged. This seems to be strange to be and you can imagine the vibration that is sent through the car... Any one else experience this?
bepy9esu.jpg

jhsg

Reaction score
Back on my VF SSV Sportwagon ride and comfort I took a photo of my cluster today. I was doing 69km/h in 6th Gear and the AFM was also engaged. This seems to be strange to be and you can imagine the vibration that is sent through the car... Any one else experience this?
bepy9esu.jpg

How do you know when the AFM is engaged?

bilko88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE MY9
The cars feeling changes and you easily notice the drop in power in the peddle plus the exhuast note changes.I have never had an AFM model before and wouldn't purchase again. The vibration combine with the exhuast drone (Standard exhuast) is very very frustrating. I also experience at speeds of plus 100 km/h a pulsating hum or vibration separate to the AFM. The noise is coming from a non engine related issue as you can coast in netural and still hear/feel it. I'm starting to regret trading my VE SSV Ute 5sp Man.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Mate,

No such issues at all with mine. I can't fault he AFM and can't tell whether it's on or off? Also not even the slightest hint of a drone. The exhaust is sooo quite a drone would be nice occasionally! No vibrations, hums or anything else to speak of. Have Holden looked at it?

bilko88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE MY9
Mate,

No such issues at all with mine. I can't fault he AFM and can't tell whether it's on or off? Also not even the slightest hint of a drone. The exhaust is sooo quite a drone would be nice occasionally! No vibrations, hums or anything else to speak of. Have Holden looked at it?

Cheers for that, happy to hear mine might just have a fault. I have spoke to them and went through it all during the 3000 service but they couldn't replicate in testing. I've booked in next with the local dealership's Forman. It's really upsetting as it's 55k sitting in my drive...

myoldhk

Reaction score
Members Ride
navara
Anyone else having issues with squeeking in rear of wagon. Really only does it once up towards the 100kh or under load whilst on small bumps on road.
F#@king anoying. Maybe suspension or bushes.

I BLAME PREDICTIVE TEXT FOR MY SPELLING

bilko88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE MY9
Anyone else having issues with squeeking in rear of wagon. Really only does it once up towards the 100kh or under load whilst on small bumps on road.
F#@king anoying. Maybe suspension or bushes.

I BLAME PREDICTIVE TEXT FOR MY SPELLING

So far no issues with mine...

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Cheers for that, happy to hear mine might just have a fault. I have spoke to them and went through it all during the 3000 service but they couldn't replicate in testing. I've booked in next with the local dealership's Forman. It's really upsetting as it's 55k sitting in my drive...

The cars feeling changes and you easily notice the drop in power in the peddle plus the exhuast note changes.I have never had an AFM model before and wouldn't purchase again. The vibration combine with the exhuast drone (Standard exhuast) is very very frustrating. I also experience at speeds of plus 100 km/h a pulsating hum or vibration separate to the AFM. The noise is coming from a non engine related issue as you can coast in netural and still hear/feel it. I'm starting to regret trading my VE SSV Ute 5sp Man.

How do you know when the AFM is engaged?

Mate there's no way your car is under power in sixth gear at 69kph with AFM on, coasting at a little over idle revs there should be no vibration so yes it is hard to imagine. If there is a vibration near idle, and it becomes a loud sound on the highway then you definitely have a fault. Video record it and post that, then members can comment if it is normal.
BTW AFM doesn't engage in neutral so from what you've said it would seem AFM is not related to your problem.
Your description of the NVH issue is quite vague. if you think the car is crap BECAUSE it has AFM then don't put any more Ks over the 5263 you've already put up with, sell it, or take the bull by the horns and buy a W310 tune which will fix that pesky AFM and put a smile on your dial.
AFM in itself is not actually a fault, nor should its operation be an issue after 5000k, as that's what you paid $55k for it to do as advertised.

bilko88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE MY9
Mate there's no way your car is under power in sixth gear at 69kph with AFM on, coasting at a little over idle revs there should be no vibration so is hard to imagine. If there is, and it becomes a loud sound then you definitely have a fault. Video record it and post that, then members can comment if it is normal.
BTW AFM doesn't engage in neutral so from what you've said it would seem AFM is not related to your problem.
Your description of the NVH issue is quite vague. if you think the car is crap BECAUSE it has AFM then don't put any more Ks over the 5263 you've already put up with, sell it, or take the bull by the horns and buy a W310 tune which will fix that pesky AFM and put a smile on your dial.
AFM in itself is not actually a fault BTW.

Thanks Pir4te

I never said AFM was a fault nor the issue rather that there is a fault or an issue. I will try record it tomorrow on my way to work.

It's frustrating when I live with each day and Holden don't recognize it as anything.

Cheers