Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My16

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
HIDs, memory and heated front seats, Brembo's on rear for Redline. Wouldn't think too much more?

I'm thinking flappy paddles too...

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
yeah what sense would that make, easier dropping the different engine in as a price effective option agaisnt the enevitable price drop of a runout car.
good decision... i expect hsv prices to drop though. or something to be added to them as a point of difference vs price comparison.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
They already have em in MY15 Redline. These may flow down to lesser models?

Yeehaa! Look what just arrived in the post:

2A3EF4EA-9249-4E1C-AA53-4B561B5A7661.jpg

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Let us know how you go, and was this via US or from holden

Sure will. Got this via US. Now I need to cut the connector and mount post off, unhinge the paddle switch, remove the surface mount resistors and solder wires to run out. Rehinge the switches.
I need to cut holes to mount them in the shroud, glue in place. Then connect inline resistors and job is mostly done.
Apparently crafting the mount holes and glueing is tricky, will look into spare shroud to get it right without rushing coz car is immobile. Then will have a spare shroud to pass on as well.

UPDATE: steering wheel shroud thingy only costs $11... making DIY parts less than $100 delivered!

Last edited:

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
"Asked why he believes an unprecedented 37 per cent of Commodore customers bought a V8 this year, GM Holden sales director Peter Keley said: "It's not V8 or rear-wheel drive per se, it's what the vehicle delivers as a package." (Quote lifted from Motoring .com's article by Marton Pettendy)

Mr Keley I assure you that I bought an SSV Redline for more than the overall package "per se". I strongly confirm I would not buy a SV6 Redline or a Malibu Redline or a front wheel drive. I also confirm that if I can no longer buy a 4 door V8 rear wheel drive Holden product I will look elsewhere. If there is no V8 on offer, then I will maintain my existing V8 as long as I can. If GM-H wants me to buy the last Commodore they will need to give me the best overall package "per se". 270kw won't cut it. It will need to have all the features of the Calais wrapped up into the redline with at least the LS3 if not the new LS1. I really don't care what HSV is doing or if GM-H is treading on their toes.

I am though, willing to accept I am out of touch, a dinosaur? Maybe many of you that post regularly on the forum are just after what the Commodore delivers as a package, and the V8 rear wheel drive is only a bit of extra cream? LOL

Ultimately I suppose I could grow old gracefully and have a "Cardigan" style daily driver. Especially as on the weekend I can step into my "71 HQ or my "75 Charger and enjoy the burble of my old tech V8, knowing that I can park it up, until I need the feeling again. (after struggling with the arm strong steering, notchy gear box, and lumpy cam).

Just a note about buying on the whole package "per se", rather than based on whether or not it is a V8. I compared the list of std features and price on the 2015 Ford G6E Turbo and the same for the new XR8. While an XR-8 looks, on paper, to have the goods, if I put my V8 passion aside and go on the "package", I would go for the G6E Turbo as it is $5,940 cheaper. I would spend the difference on a performance upgrade to 350 odd kw and have an Aussie Executive Express.

So I will wait and see what happens. By 2017 there could be a lot more happening than agonising over the the demise of Aussie V8s.

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
v8s will be avilable untill late 2018 due to stockholding after the factory closes. which means there are 4 years to go before a full replacement (yes i know realistically 3) but thats allot of time... who knows what will change and or be announced.

relax, they will fill the hole somehow, you will still have your v8 in something decent.

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
Thanks Ghost.

It was a bit of a stressful ramble.

I will relax and see what happens...........