Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My16

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
A few people were talking about the 6.2 comming into the holden range, probably in the redline.
these rumours are starting to come through as confirmed.

Bigger V8 for Holden's last SS - motoring.com.au

other rumours are for chevy ss seats?
any other decent rumours around?

also it looks like we will have stock for the next 4 years due to stockpilling.

Senator01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6.2
A few people were talking about the 6.2 comming into the holden range, probably in the redline.
these rumours are starting to come through as confirmed.

Bigger V8 for Holden's last SS - motoring.com.au

other rumours are for chevy ss seats?
any other decent rumours around?

also it looks like we will have stock for the next 4 years due to stockpilling.

HIDs, memory and heated front seats, Brembo's on rear for Redline. Wouldn't think too much more?

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
HIDs, memory and heated front seats, Brembo's on rear for Redline. Wouldn't think too much more?

Well that settles it, definately not buying an MY15 Redline or upgrading to a Clubsport, will wait and get the MY16 Redline. Great article!

K-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I was looking at a redline last week, dealer called me today saying the 6.2 (LS3) will be standard in the next few months. Hence the good prices on the 6.0ltr Redlines currently.

Senator01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6.2
I was looking at a redline last week, dealer called me today saying the 6.2 (LS3) will be standard in the next few months. Hence the good prices on the 6.0ltr Redlines currently.

Hmmm ... interesting considering all write-ups suggest no LS3 until MY16 which is usually September timeframe?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Ls3 won't be till late next year which fits roughly the time frame for Series II. Far far to early on other spec. HSV will be the ones to watch. Expect other LSA models over the next couple of years - it's just money for jam. Premium price, zero discounting and they walk out the door compared to the LS3 models which are struggling for volume

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
Went into a dealer today to buy a cargo mat for the wagon. Got talking to the parts bloke and he confirmed the 6.2 getting added. Also said they have to wait until up to 31/12/16 to be told by Holden if they will still stay on as a holden dealer. He said 85% of stock they sell is foreign built, the rest commo and Cruze

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Personally I don't give a rats rectum about another 1.5mm width somewhere in the guts of the engine (6.2 vs 6.0), the main thing here is improvement where it counts - the heads and valve train - with the availability of variable valve timing in the automatic, which I've found opens huge opportunities for tuning better performance, with drivability and economy.
Coz VTEC yo!
Side relief pistons, 40° of software programmable cam movement, flex fuel native, proven AFM, faster than Porsche or Audi DSG-like clutch pre-filling TapShift plus retaining software programable electronic converter and torque management, and of course straight swap over for all my existing investment in bolt-ons... it raises my roger, aye!

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
Whats the likely hood of a price rise to around 59-60k which ofcourse is HSV territory?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage