Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[General] [VY/VZ] Everything to know about Changing Clusters!

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
that should be my Dash :/

Feel sorry for the people waiting since 2012 for the software. lol

Development for this piece of software has completely haulted for the time being. Simply due to my Hosting company decided to "migrate servers" and corrupted pretty much every last file from the site. There were many critical files required for the software's initial registration as both site and software have been integrated.
I was told, that all files will be recovered off the "Old server" about 1 year ago.. and until they do this I receive free premium hosting. So I somehow see it as either, they arent going to get those files ever.. or they are just taking their sweet time!!

I am working on a new design that doesnt reply on the website core as much, but theres still thousands of lines of coding to reimplment,redo,retest then repeat 5times until all the bugs are gone!

This is a very good example of why even online databases need to be backed up onto a dedicated physical hdd!

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
tazzi (or anyone else)do the lcd glass bits pull out or de-solder them out

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
tazzi (or anyone else)do the lcd glass bits pull out or de-solder them out

It desolders. Although,its not for the faint hearted! A temperature controllered soldering ion or hot air gun must be used.

The run of the mill soldering ions for $15 from bunnings will be way too hot, and will also have a very good chance of damaging the copper tracks since a fine ion tip needs to be used.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
that should be my Dash :/

Feel sorry for the people waiting since 2012 for the software. lol

I ended up selling the car. Bought one with the correct dash already in it. LOL.

stealthvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed & stalled vu ss
Development for this piece of software has completely haulted for the time being. Simply due to my Hosting company decided to "migrate servers" and corrupted pretty much every last file from the site. There were many critical files required for the software's initial registration as both site and software have been integrated.
I was told, that all files will be recovered off the "Old server" about 1 year ago.. and until they do this I receive free premium hosting. So I somehow see it as either, they arent going to get those files ever.. or they are just taking their sweet time!!

I am working on a new design that doesnt reply on the website core as much, but theres still thousands of lines of coding to reimplment,redo,retest then repeat 5times until all the bugs are gone!

This is a very good example of why even online databases need to be backed up onto a dedicated physical hdd!

hi mate, any update? very keen in this software.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
hi mate, any update? very keen in this software.

Its probably the most delayed, unbelievably delayed, constantly requested software for Holden programming so far!.

It is on its way. Im doing final alterations on the VT,VX clusters section and then it will be up for beta testers which will be advertised the companies sponsor section! :beer chug:
UCC has now bee retired. Due to the reason you have quoted. The application now has VT,VX,VY and VZ cluster programming support which includes re-configuring main parameters such as engine size, transmission, airbag setup, fuel configuration plus a few other bits. It also has the ability to bring up some info about the cluster including serial as well as read out cluster fault codes (Useful for identifying if a module in the car is not communicating!)

Again, there is no expected time for finishing, due to the huge amount of development going on with other projects at the same time such as SOE.

Last edited:

stealthvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed & stalled vu ss
Thanks for the update, let me know if you need any others to do testing more than happy to put hand up.