Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Names Compulsory on the 2016 Census

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
E34 535i M - E70 X5 M - E60 M5 - No Fear
VPN is a secure way to access a network. The visual analogy is sending a Steel ball inside of a Steel tube. There is encryption going between the VPN server and the node. Once is in, it behaved like you are inside of the network. From there out, you use the network proxy server. That is how your home IP address changes when it goes in the cloud. If you open the local machine browser and depending how your VPN is set up, you will be using your local machine IP and browser. For example, Citrix creates a "vitual machine", your system becomes a glorified terminal. In that session, you think you are using your machine but in reality, you are accessing a node in the network, just like using PC Anywhere, Dameware, Windows Remote PC, etc... All the computing is done remotely; that makes possible the usage on slower connections. That is why when you open Citrix you might see a series of Icons for different applications. On that setup, you can use your local machine like you normaly would and the VPN Citrix on the side.

Try adding some IP addresses from another place proxy servers. The bad part is that can also be a monitoring site, a data collection point. You can try to see how it works.
https://www.us-proxy.org/

Yes, I am aware of what a VPN is. I use one to access work, and one to route all my cyber crime to the Netherlands. Day to day usage of the standard interwebs is done without a VPN and all my metadata is legally stored by the government for subsequent review when I am finally charged with Rajesh Koothrappali's murder.

Eevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
In which case I apologise for my condescending tone. Raj: this is not in anyway to be misconstrued as me changing my opinion of you.

well actually its both.
sometimes its for privacy.
i have no intention of filling out the form

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
I know is a bit off topic but related to IT... have anybody watch the TV show Mr Robot? Is a bit slow on the action department but the Fight Club feel mixed with the hacker culture is pretty good. I stop the show to read what they type on the command console. They seems to like Debian Linux flavors; so far they used Ubuntu and Debian. Some commands are/were made up but got better on the 2nd season.

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
I know is a bit off topic but related to IT... have anybody watch the TV show Mr Robot? Is a bit slow on the action department but the Fight Club feel mixed with the hacker culture is pretty good. I stop the show to read what they type on the command console. They seems to like Debian Linux flavors; so far they used Ubuntu and Debian. Some commands are/were made up but got better on the 2nd season.

Most of it is actually Kali linux, which is a distro based on Debian

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Did they used Arch too ? I think I saw it but not sure. The last week episode he hacked on the FBI system using an Android cell phone exploit and planted a Trojan. His sister is bad ass using a rootkit on a thumbdrive and gave it to some guy that works in the bank. Anyway... we are getting away from the census topic.

By the way, check this out...

The White House's New Facebook Messenger Bot Makes It Easy To Send A Message To Obama | Fast Company | Business + Innovation

You have to be stupid to speak up your mind, can we call it a "honeypot"?

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Sorry my friend but since is all about a Census done via Computer and a total fiasco, is inevitable not to speak about computers. People try to analyze/understand what is going on.

Eevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
they have the internet on computers?

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
they have the internet on computers?

You are asking for trouble... where is Raj? He can answer that one with every detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.