Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 Exhaust set up and tuning for the LS3

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
If you're looking at getting the dealer to add a pack prior to collection go the W375 pack, full driveline warranty, and changes exhaust, tune and OTR for $6700. Are you thinking about changing up the suspension?

Wish I had the funds but unfortunately I don't. So will OTR and tune void warranty even if done through registered Walkinshaw agent?

Based on the claim of adding 30kw for $1800 with just an otr and tune or 40rwkw or so for 5k+ with full exhaust then I'll take the 30kw (seems far better value to me). I'm sure there are greater torque gains to be made with the exhaust etc though.

Last edited:

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Where could I find some GenF R8 headers and cats that are almost brand new? I'm planning on swapping mine for these. Cheers

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Where could I find some GenF R8 headers and cats that are almost brand new? I'm planning on swapping mine for these. Cheers

Ring around your local exhaust shops or try eBay.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
As mentioned above, eBay or a local exhaust shop is your best bet. I picked up at full HSV exhaust off a 2014 Clubsport r8 for $400, through eBay.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
CHECK THE FINE PRINT!!! i think you will find that most Walkinshaw mods void the manufactures warranty which is then replaced with the Walkinshaw warranty which is not as comprehensive as Holdens.

But i may be wrong

VinnieLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Commodore SSV Redline
Would a tune be needed with GEN F R8 headers and cats?

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
CHECK THE FINE PRINT!!! i think you will find that most Walkinshaw mods void the manufactures warranty which is then replaced with the Walkinshaw warranty which is not as comprehensive as Holdens.

But i may be wrong

Thanks man....will make sure I check with dealership before going ahead with this. Cheers.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks I will keep an eye out on some headers and cats

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
just wanted to confirm with someone in the know. The headers and cats that Holden use on the VFII LS3 are smaller than what HSV used on its VFI LS3, and since im going after a factory look, the VFI HSV LS3 headers would be the way to go for the VFII LS3 before getting tuned?

As that is my plan, but just wanted to confirm with someone.

Thanks

Gazzr08

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF II SSV Redline
Just bought my SSV Redline yesterday and I was quoted $1,500 for tune and Walkinshaw OTR which still includes the MSE (mechanical sound enhancer). Didn't buy it yet but will