Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 Exhaust set up and tuning for the LS3

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
upload_2016-12-11_9-2-21.png

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Interesting. If anyone gets this done I would like to know more :)

Mines got a VCM OTR with the sound enhancer still fitted. The ironic thing is it's a waste of time and effort as all you can hear above 2000 rpm is the whine from the supercharger

Zeke Topanaga

Reaction score
Members Ride
HX Sandman p van 308 4speed
CHECK THE FINE PRINT!!! i think you will find that most Walkinshaw mods void the manufactures warranty which is then replaced with the Walkinshaw warranty which is not as comprehensive as Holdens.

But i may be wrong
A mate with his VF SSV has the Walkinshaw 375KW done from the Holden dealer, and is ranting on about a oil that he must use, or it will void the warranty, I said BS ! and looked that oil up, it's only for E85 fuel. I don't think they the VF can run on E85 as Holden only did that for a few years and then puled out due to the extra cost it added to a new car.

I think you maybe onto something there with the Walkinshaw warranty, old mate recons a warranty is a warranty BS ! he never reads the small print, but he is arssieist bloke I know and got warranty for destroying things on the race track with rubber all up under the guards and oil pissed all over under the bonnet, if I was the dealer I would of punched him out, he got the car tow truck deliver straight from the race track for f sake, with all 4 rotors and callipers Roo Ted replaced.

Gazzr08

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF II SSV Redline
I was told it was possible and thought I saw a picture with it but I may be mistaken. Just double check Walkinshaw or Harrop

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
Keep in mind there are two versions of the R8 headers (non supercharged of course) The R8 has 2.25inch outlet on the headers for the 317kw model and the R8SV has the 2.5 inch outlet which is the 340kw model. The R8SV headers are rare indeed.

correct.
I managed to find some R8SV ones on gumtree.
Was plenty of others out there saying they had the 2.5 inch ones, but upon inspection and measuring they were not.
So be vigilant.

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
I certainly did not have this issue.
Going from standard log manifold to the 2.5 inch headers improved my torque
Not dyno proven but I know my car well enough to tell

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
I certainly did not have this issue.
Going from standard log manifold to the 2.5 inch headers improved my torque
Not dyno proven but I know my car well enough to tell
OK. Just saying if you wanted to improve the torque spread the stock 2.25" would be better. The SV is 2.5" for top end HP.