Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

Alex the ss owner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf series 2 manual 2017
Just put my deposit on a 2017 build ss manual sedan in white. To be built in June.

So stoked added some extra bits

1. Motorsport mats
2. Ss sill plates
3. Cargo liner
4. Towbar

Factory fit options

1. Upgraded performance brakes

In heron white the ss now gets 19inch wheels heads up display and sat nav standard

Pumped as cannot wait!!!

EXTNCT

Reaction score
Members Ride
TBA [EXTNCT] and 1987 VL Calais 5.0 [NOT03L]
Hi all,

First time posting, but, I've been reading the forum and this thread with particular interest for almost a year now.

I've recently ordered a MY17 SS-V Redline 'Y' (black roof) automatic in white with the HF-20 rims, and it is due for delivery in late February. Can't wait!

That said, I've been considering upgrading to a Motorsport Edition (MSE) recently, but to be honest I get the impression there will actually be fewer Redline 'Y' pack cars than there will be MSEs, which kind of lessens their appeal to me.

Can someone with access to allocation details shed any light or speculate on potential Redline 'Y' pack numbers?

Last edited:

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Hi all,

First time posting, but, I've been reading the forum and this thread with particular interest for almost a year now.

I've recently ordered a MY17 SS-V Redline 'Y' (black roof) automatic in white with the HF-20 rims, and it is due for delivery in late February. Can't wait!

That said, I've been considering upgrading to a Motorsport Edition (MSE) recently, but to be honest I get the impression there will actually be fewer Redline 'Y' pack cars than there will be MSEs, which kind of lessens their appeal to me.

Can someone with access to allocation details shed any light or speculate on potential Redline 'Y' pack numbers?
Hi EXTNCT, I can't vouch for total numbers but the dealer I went through only had 1 SSVR-Y allocation for the year. You would be correct in assuming there will be small numbers of them. That said all ME's have black roofs.

VF2

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV-Redline
Sorry are you getting an special edition?

Either way all employee disounted cars are factory stock im sure as long as it has already been processed as ordered.

Ah no, I'm just looking at a normal SSVR and have not ordered it or anything yet, I'm hoping I can get the introduction letter or w/e it is called from my uncle early Feb and then I can go into my local dealer and sort one out.

GEN4SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International. VP SS. VF2 SSV
Ah no, I'm just looking at a normal SSVR and have not ordered it or anything yet, I'm hoping I can get the introduction letter or w/e it is called from my uncle early Feb and then I can go into my local dealer and sort one out.

I still think there will be holden allocated stock limits just like there is dealer stock so you better get onto it asap. Maybe look at reserve editions if your uncle hasn't already ordered one as well

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Just noticed you cant get a SS in slipstream green, just redline.

Will make in a rare colour

GEN4SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International. VP SS. VF2 SSV
Spitfire green or slipstream blue?

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Word is getting out from GMH tonight that Magnum and Director have sold out. All stock has been allocated. Only Motorsport Edition left.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
I read on other threads they were standard on reserve editions and the Lowndes specials. It would be a useful feature for me given the state of our roads up here so i hope its standard. Thanks for the reply.
Hi RedBadge, sounds like you could do with a ME in touring mode to make life a little smoother :)