Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
ACCC / Fair Trading would not be interested.

The dealer told you up front what the DD was and you accepted it by signing the contract. They can charge you whatever they like. Is it ethical ? Maybe not. Is it capitalism ? Absolutely.

If the contract had one number in it and come delivery day they tried to charge you a higher number, that would be a different story.
The dealers are not colluding on price or dd, so essentially they can do as they please and they are. Some took the decision early to gouge, others (like supercoachs dealer) have been more fair about it and kept it (dd) the same as 2016 or just a modest increase which is fair enough given their customer base will shrink after October or earlier, and they need to turn as much coin from commodore owners as they can.

Matphoenix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SS
The dealers are not colluding on price or dd, so essentially they can do as they please and they are. Some took the decision early to gouge, others (like supercoachs dealer) have been more fair about it and kept it (dd) the same as 2016 or just a modest increase which is fair enough given their customer base will shrink after October or earlier, and they need to turn as much coin from commodore owners as they can.
I suppose my issue is with the DD comparison of my mate who got an SSV-R the next day for $1500 less, same salesman. Can't cost that much more to ship MSE to same location. I know i can't do much, it's just really disappointing my love and loyalty to Holden is worth so little.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Driveaway (Inc paint and big wing, DD, LCT, stamp duty, rego, TPI) about $74000 auto.
I'm paying about $72,800 excluding options. Red auto. So our prices are about the same. By my estimation that's about $4k for dd. I'm still shopping around
Have found one for about $800 less. But am awaiting a reply from another dealer whom is reportedly only charging about $1500 dd. If I can guarantee supply with them, I'll be having serious discussions with my dealer about canelling the contract. I'm not going to risk losing my Motorsport, so it will meed to be water tight. Equally I'm not willing to contribute $2.5k to my dealers bottom line. As a long term customer of theirs it's an insult.

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
I suppose my issue is with the DD comparison of my mate who got an SSV-R the next day for $1500 less, same salesman. Can't cost that much more to ship MSE to same location. I know i can't do much, it's just really disappointing my love and loyalty to Holden is worth so little.
I completely agree, it's doesn't cost the dealer any more for the specials, delivered exactly the same, I'm getting slugged 5k dd for my director, I rang around for most of the 20th of Jan trying to find another director, couldn't find one, so it's tough titties for me lol you MSE guys have had a bit more choice in term of dealer shopping, get the lowest price you can, loyalty has gone out the window

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
I can't wait until my car is delivered and I can finally make a post in the VF show off my ride forum :)

lobbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf sv6
I completely agree, it's doesn't cost the dealer any more for the specials, delivered exactly the same, I'm getting slugged 5k dd for my director, I rang around for most of the 20th of Jan trying to find another director, couldn't find one, so it's tough titties for me lol you MSE guys have had a bit more choice in term of dealer shopping, get the lowest price you can, loyalty has gone out the window
Hi psisle i do know of 1 director available in nsw where are you located

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
Hi psisle i do know of 1 director available in nsw where are you located

Spoke to my dealer yesterday about a couple of things. He was very adimant he could have sold our director 10 times over. He sounded almost disappointed he sold us ours for the price he did :) We definitely got lucky with the timing and how it all worked out.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Well for about an hour today I had 2 Motorsports under contract! I signed a new contract today, saving a small fortune. Thanks to Super Coach. Legend!
My dealer has gracefully agreed to refund my deposit. So all is good in the universe.
I won't quote figures. Because I don't want to make those feel bad, whom (like me), have paid well above RRP.
There are still a few around if anyone wants one or wants to renegotiate. Ferntree Gully had one auto and one manual as of this morning.

Last edited: