Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Was also curious, it looks like i have an older version of mylink as the reversing camera does not have the lines on screen.
As I don't have gps in my model, is it any cheaper (or even free) to get it updated?. I have a about a week and a half of factory warranty left.

Yeah the series 1 didn't come with reversing lines

sequal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV
Was also curious, it looks like i have an older version of mylink as the reversing camera does not have the lines on screen.
As I don't have gps in my model, is it any cheaper (or even free) to get it updated?. I have a about a week and a half of factory warranty left.
Mylink is crashing right? They'll update the firmware for free then.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Hi

My 2014 MY15 series 1 VF SV6 ute came with the reversing lines as standard.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE
Yeah the my15 was a bit of an face lift on the 13-14 cars and did indeed receive the lines my mistake

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
Yeah the series 1 didn't come with reversing lines

Mine was an early production 2013 VF and didn't have the reverse lines when I took delivery. I had the MyLink updated not long before warranty run out three years later and that included the reverse lines and better bluetooth reliability. So can be upgraded.

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman-Caprice collection
Sucks the Series 1 VF's/WN's didn't receive the reversing lines :( Mine doesn't have them either.
Am i correct to say that the VE Series II models all had reversing lines though?? Im pretty sure I've seen a couple of Carsales adds pics showing the reversing lines. Not sure if thats from a firmware update or originally they always had them?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Sucks the Series 1 VF's/WN's didn't receive the reversing lines :( Mine doesn't have them either.
Am i correct to say that the VE Series II models all had reversing lines though?? Im pretty sure I've seen a couple of Carsales adds pics showing the reversing lines. Not sure if thats from a firmware update or originally they always had them?

My VE Series II has them.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
The VE series two was a different radio. Continental.

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline

You can get the lines with a software upgrade of MyLink. My car is an early build 2013 VF Redline and just before warranty ran out, I asked for the MyLink to be reflashed to the latest build at that time. Hey presto reverse lines for the rear camera, after the update.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
All my VE2's had reverse guide lines. As do both my Son's. I suspect they all did, if fitted with reverse camera. Although they're fixed, unlike the VF ones that swing.