Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Powersteer failure

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Ok Sabbath, will do. Thanks for your help, really appreciate it
No problems, keep us updated with what the outcome is.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I had this happen two weeks ago on my 2014 Gen F GTS Restarted the car and was fine but took it into Holden. Ended up getting a whole new rack. Three hour job... steering us heavier than before. Tech told me the new racks are different to the series 1.

For what it's worth I didn't think the car needed a new rack. It's all under warranty for me so I didn't care but it's typically an electrical connection fault. There's a link to this being a common issue on these cars.. see powersteering failure:

http://m.australiancar.reviews/reviews.php#!content=recalls&make=HSV&model=GTS&gen=1177

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
A 3 year old car with a $3,000 plus dollar steering rack failure is not on.

If you're unlucky it would only be just out of warranty and therefore I'd be making Holden paid for that.

What's the miles and service history like?

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss
Mate if its the known steering rack fault, then Holden will fix it. A friend at work brought second hand 2014 SSV series with 89k on the clock, a week after owning it he got the Power Steering failure. His car was well out of warranty. but Holden fixed it free.

Dont ring a dealer, ring Holden customer care, give them the VIN number, and they will tell you what dealer to send it too..

Ponza

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk GroupA, VF SSV Redline
My power steering failed earlier this year, my car was 6 months out of warranty never had it serviced at Holden and they replaced it under warranty.
Thanks to this site I told them that I was a fairly common problem, they walked away made a call and come back and said it will all be covered no cost to me.
Hope this helps.

TeknoSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2014
A 3 year old car with a $3,000 plus dollar steering rack failure is not on.

If you're unlucky it would only be just out of warranty and therefore I'd be making Holden paid for that.

What's the miles and service history like?

Services are all up to date and car has just ticked over 42,000

TeknoSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2014
Mate if its the known steering rack fault, then Holden will fix it. A friend at work brought second hand 2014 SSV series with 89k on the clock, a week after owning it he got the Power Steering failure. His car was well out of warranty. but Holden fixed it free.

Dont ring a dealer, ring Holden customer care, give them the VIN number, and they will tell you what dealer to send it too..
Awesome... thanks man, will do

TeknoSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2014
My power steering failed earlier this year, my car was 6 months out of warranty never had it serviced at Holden and they replaced it under warranty.
Thanks to this site I told them that I was a fairly common problem, they walked away made a call and come back and said it will all be covered no cost to me.
Hope this helps.
Thanks man, have been many helpful comments. I'll let you guys know what happens