Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why aren’t Commodore V8s selling?

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
As already said, the V8 holden lovers have already bought one and with Mustangs selling like hot cakes, I'm guessing the other folks after V8's are buying those.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
There are a fair few V8 VF commodores still for sale at 3 car yards around Adelaide....Why they haven't moved I can't say

apollo13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE LPG
I was at our local dealer a few weeks back and there were few SV6'S and a few more V8's. Still some there as i passed today. IMO, Holden over-anticipated V8 demand during the last few months of production.
They miscalculated. Should have built more utes - they are a unique vehicle and sold out first. Somebody who drove a Stato could go and get a Genesis instead.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
i'm happy about it, payed $2,500 for mine,$70,000 when new
leather interior lpg -great economy and lpg prices . it has heaps of grunt
rolling start, nail it, redline wheelspin in about 1 second , $6,000 gold vynal wrap
we can't all be lucky enough to find awesome cars like yours! nice work

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
There are a fair few V8 VF commodores still for sale at 3 car yards around Adelaide....Why they haven't moved I can't say
Over priced, several good dealers sold out of v8s last year. Pure greed

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Just got an email from Suttons Chullora in Sydney. they have roughly half a dozen Redlines still for sale. Not badly priced either.
Suttons City has around 4

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Most people would find it hard to pay for vf2 when vf1 is practically half the price with 6.0

Landy

Reaction score
Went into the dealer at Campbelltown and they have no utes, 5 Redline wagons and a stack of sedans. Didn't bother looking at the sedans as I already have one. I was looking for a ute. I agree with the comment whereby the dealer thinks he going to make a killing on the last Aussie Commodores as the Redline wagons were $66500 and he would reduce it to $63500 and no more.
I asked the salesman to be honest about the sales of the new imported Commodore and he reckons they were good sellers. There were some older people taking one for a test drive while we were there.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Just got an email from Suttons Chullora in Sydney. they have roughly half a dozen Redlines still for sale. Not badly priced either.
Suttons City has around 4
Hi Pete can you say what the prices were? Ta.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Over priced, several good dealers sold out of v8s last year. Pure greed

That's possible....I know of someone that bought a new 4 cyl Mustang from Melbourne because the price was $5,000 cheaper to his Adelaide doorstep than it was buying new from here.