Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front end noise wn series II caprice

G-Rex

Reaction score
Members Ride
wn caprice
hi
new member here first post , have a 2017 caprice and it has this slight noise/wine in the left hand front side of the car ? have taken it to tyre shop for balance/align and they said everything was fine but they could hear the noise?
is there any factory problems/ recalls I've missed thanks

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
The blower fan for the air conditioning system is located just in front of the glove box, on the engine side of the bulkhead.......

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Wheel bearing?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Tyre or wheel bearing....To determine if it's the wheel bearing, jack the left front of the car up....Spin the left wheel, with your ear near it and see if you hear the noise that way..If os, that's the problem

The tyre....Run your hand across the whole tread face and see if you feel any lumps....If you do, move that tyre to the rear of the car and see if the noise location changes to that point

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
What about touching the wheel nuts after you have driven the car for a bit. I have read that a problem wheel bearing will generate more heat (compared to the othwr wheels) and it can be felt by touching the wheel nuts with your fingertips

G-Rex

Reaction score
Members Ride
wn caprice
Wheel bearing?
Yeah that’s what I thought....tyre shop said nothing mechanical wrong ,taking to dealer for double check and warranty,only got 17000km on it too ....

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
What about touching the wheel nuts after you have driven the car for a bit. I have read that a problem wheel bearing will generate more heat (compared to the othwr wheels) and it can be felt by touching the wheel nuts with your fingertips

Stuff that.....Not a big fan of deliberately trying to burn myself, when there is an easier option of grabbing a cold tyre and spinning the wheel

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
If it's a worn wheel bearing, the noise should diminish when the bearing is under load (i.e. when turning to the right for a bearing on the left side of the car). Does the noise change when you take a right or left-hand bend at say 50 km/h?

G-Rex

Reaction score
Members Ride
wn caprice
If it's a worn wheel bearing, the noise should diminish when the bearing is under load (i.e. when turning to the right for a bearing on the left side of the car). Does the noise change when you take a right or left-hand bend at say 50 km/h?
It’s more of a constant noise from about 60km /70km up ,got it booked into the dealer for warranty

Landy

Reaction score
I have 43000 ks on my VF, and over the last few months it developed a slight wheel bearing kind of noise in the rear. The passenger rear tyre was worn more than the drivers side, so I took it in for tyres and alignment. I wondered whether changing the tyres would stop the noise so waited for the tyres before doing anything else.
New tyres, noise gone. Alignment showed the left rear was out. I know you only have low kays, but you could maybe try your spare on the front.