Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

High tech thief?

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
I'll keep an eye on it see if I'm doing anything wrong when autolock fails.

Reminded of another quirk when filling up. Car needs to be unlocked to open/shut fuel cap so does everyone press the button everytime or have autolock turned off?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I'll keep an eye on it see if I'm doing anything wrong when autolock fails.

Reminded of another quirk when filling up. Car needs to be unlocked to open/shut fuel cap so does everyone press the button everytime or have autolock turned off?

Always have to press the button to close and lock the fuel door...

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Yeah, I find it useful that the fuel filler door is locked when the car is locked for obvious reasons. But I find it rather odd that the fuel door couldn’t be closed with a locked car.

With all my other cars, I could open the fuel door with a lever, then get out and lock the car and fill up before finally closing the fuel door. With the MSE, I’ve had to change my refueling habits... upset my OCD it did :rolleyes:

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline

I just push the little locking bar back into it's home then close the cap (it slides to the left), no need to unlock to close the cap.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
I just push the little locking bar back into it's home then close the cap (it slides to the left), no need to unlock to close the cap.
I'm sure i tried that once before and it didnt work but will try again next fill :cool:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
...Took the ute to the dealer afterward, they found the battery is faulty and said the door could unlocked itself if the battery voltage dropped. So I replaced the battery....
So all a thief needs to have is some patients. He could simply slide under the car to short some wiring through a resistor. Some, many hours later the battery may be low enough for the system to unlock the doors. On his return, he could simply open the now unlocked car.

What a great design Holden :eek::oops:

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Yeah, I find it useful that the fuel filler door is locked when the car is locked for obvious reasons. But I find it rather odd that the fuel door couldn’t be closed with a locked car.

With all my other cars, I could open the fuel door with a lever, then get out and lock the car and fill up before finally closing the fuel door. With the MSE, I’ve had to change my refueling habits... upset my OCD it did :rolleyes:

Just push the little solenoid pin in while filling the car. You will be able to shut the fuel cap when the pin has been pushed into the open positions. I assume all of you open the fuel cap before the car auto locks itself. The next time the car locks itself after you have driven off from the petrol station, the fuel cap locks Have been doing this since 2013 with my first and second VF's

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Just push the little solenoid pin in while filling the car. You will be able to shut the fuel cap when the pin has been pushed into the open positions. I assume all of you open the fuel cap before the car auto locks itself. The next time the car locks itself after you have driven off from the petrol station, the fuel cap locks Have been doing this since 2013 with my first and second VF's

Great advice, thanks!

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Or, if you have passive entry, just push the button on the rear drivers side door. Sedans and goons only.